Plastidip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. I'm really considering doing some of this.

Anyone know if you can wash this stuff?

I washed my truck the day after I did all mine. I wouldn't get a wool mitt actually on the stuff and rub if I were you...I've noticed my rockers have a bit of a fuzzy type feel and pick up little lint and things kind of easy...I heard a guy on GMFS say "well I just learned not to take a mitt to my plasti dipped wheels today" When I washed mine I just let soap and water run over all of it. It always have the same even texture and doesn't really get dirty. If and when I do need to clean my wheels I'll take a cotton T shirt to it probably. Still haven't found any answers about cleaning with the stuff....

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha I hear that, that's what I did round 1 except well I pulled the molding but replaced it with an all black type molding but that ISH had to go eventually. It STILL looks more black on yours than it does on mine. Look how grey mine looks? And the only thing I can think is it looks alot more grey up against my gloss black where as against your white it really stands out.

Looks good but either remove that chrome fender trim or paint it black too. I've seen it that fender trim plasti dipped black and it looks really good and really ties in the moldings, but the chrome trim is just random and don't really flow together.

Yeah i don't know the way it went on after 5 coats it seemed really black, but it definitely could being against a gloss black that makes it look grayer.

Yeah I'm either plastidip it or order some flat black flares. Those would look good too.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks really good man! I would recommend painting or plasti dipping your lower grille filler piece though!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many cans did it take to do both sides of rockers? I did 1 can on each side I've been thinkin maybe I didn't do it thick enough?

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im either gonna do this or spray can bed line the rockers, idk what yet. i do know i want to go to the top of the lower body line though, it flows better around the truck imo. thanks for posting!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also ordering the flares and searching for something better to do the rockers with. I want jet flat black with very little to no texture. Its lookin like the best option is to paint them like I had before. This grey is really bothering me and taking away from look I want. Interestes to see how many cans you used...I did no where near 5 coats. Maybe 2 full coats 1 can on each side.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up putting 5 coats...about 2 cans. First coat was pretty heavy, I couldn't see white through it and 20 min later I started at the front and worked my way back then again back to the front and the next 20 min I did the same thing. Total of 5 that way

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm thinking....that if I want to shoot something on the rockers, etc, that it needs to either be line-x (=expensive) or buy a kit. This stuff looks good but I don't want to waste my time.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm thinking....that if I want to shoot something on the rockers, etc, that it needs to either be line-x (=expensive) or buy a kit. This stuff looks good but I don't want to waste my time.

My thought is - if it's so easy to take right off the truck then how does it hold up to dirt, stones, water, salt, etc?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because in order to pull it all off the truck easy as a whole you gotta really pick and get a good edge. It takes human hands to remove rocks and debris would have to amazingly hit it perfect somehow. Hell, I did my driver side door handle last week and its doin fine.