LMC wheelwell moldings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered all four from RockAuto.
$54.00/with shipping compared to $75.00 for LMC/with shipping.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I don’t like that look either. How did the regular aluminum kit mount holes line up?
LMC trim didn’t line up at all with OEM. I had to drill new holes for the LMC trim. Taped it place with painter’s tape and marked the new holes with a sharpie before drilling.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just deleted the post here bragging about how nice the RockAuto moldings are…they at least looked nice. After cleaning up the areas a bit, I held one in place and it’s a NO GO! The underside of molding where you screw them to fender, they are 1/4” smaller and the holes are a +1/8” depthwise off and spaced differently. I tried holding it in place and marking it from top, but I would have to drill 22 new holes and it puts holes right on the outside edge of molding. :mad: So, question to @1madmouse @johnckhall can you tell me the width on the mounting edge?
Original was 1 1/4”, what is LMC dimension? TIA
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit: Question answered, I called LMC and theirs also are a 1” lip on bottom.
I’m guessing ALL of these reproductions are the same dimensions. :fca5278d:

Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I just deleted the post here bragging about how nice the RockAuto moldings are…they at least looked nice. After cleaning up the areas a bit, I held one in place and it’s a NO GO! The underside of molding where you screw them to fender, they are 1/4” smaller and the holes are a +1/8” depthwise off and spaced differently. I tried holding it in place and marking it from top, but I would have to drill 22 new holes and it puts holes right on the outside edge of molding. :mad: So, question to @1madmouse @johnckhall can you tell me the width on the mounting edge?
Original was 1 1/4”, what is LMC dimension? TIA

Edit: Question answered, I called LMC and theirs also are a 1” lip on bottom.
I’m guessing ALL of these reproductions are the same dimensions. :fca5278d:
Yes. Same here. I used some Duplicolor spray paint to paint the inside of the wheel well lip that showed past the molding. As I said earlier, but didn’t clarify, I did have to redrill holes. I worked on one wheel well at a time and didn’t try to do all in one day, so the time was spaced out between.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got them all in. I did have to drill some holes in the moldings, but I found that just using a wood awl and with the aluminum being soft, I could work most of the holes to line up with factory holes. :waytogo:

Last edited: