Help with code 43

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dachechinwolf

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 1995 Chevy K1500 with the TBI 350 in it I recently went to O'Reilly's Auto Parts to have it scanned since it was throwing an SES code 32 and 43 I solved the code 32 problem by just replacing the EGR valve but I wanted to see if maybe a scanner could give me more info on the code 43 I attached an image of what the scanner said, was wondering if maybe someone here could give me some more insight as to what I should be looking for or replacing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516-084631.png
    Screenshot_20240516-084631.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking that is knock sensor circuit, I would inspect wire that goes to knock sensor and make sure it hasn't gotten rubbed thru to bare wire or gotten against exhaust and melted causing a short . If none of the above then it's just regular troubleshooting with dvm, thinking resistance of knock sensor terminal to engine block resistance should be 3900 ohms then the rest of cks are for voltage at pcm. Hope it helps

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Download the service manual set for your vehicle from the links posted in the Sticky thread section of the Engine forum.

Follow the diagnostic path for that trouble code.

Dachechinwolf

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to update this thread and let your guys know that replacing the knock sensor fixed my problem SES light gone thanks for the help!!