Plastidip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thought is - if it's so easy to take right off the truck then how does it hold up to dirt, stones, water, salt, etc?

After I fished I let it dry over night and on the very bottom of the rocker where its not visible and tried to scratch it off and I couldn't...the only way you can get it off is if you get a good edge to peel it which takes a little work to start and a rock isn't going to be able to peel it off...so pretty durable with enough coats.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
After I fished I let it dry over night and on the very bottom of the rocker where its not visible and tried to scratch it off and I couldn't...the only way you can get it off is if you get a good edge to peel it which takes a little work to start and a rock isn't going to be able to peel it off...so pretty durable with enough coats.

Cool.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either one is a win/win...I have bedlined bumpers and plasti dipped rockers and I always suggest the bedliner for the bumpers if you ever step on your bumpers. Otherwise, either one is fine.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you plastidip then bedline over would it work better for stepping but still have the ability to peel off?

Hmmm

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh no I didn't say that. I've never sprayed anything over the plasti dip but it'd be worth a try. I think the plasti dip by itself is plenty durable for rock chips and such but if you plasti dip the bumpers then stepped up on it and like twisted your foot....I think it would not hold up well...

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
That makes alot of sense. I think I'm going to black out every thing that's chrome except the mirrors and toolbox, unless i get a black one. Ill just use plasti dip since i dont step on my bumbers.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IM seriously considering doing my whole truck with this stuff. Its white now and it has that custom GM chipped paint effect. You guys know the one Im talking about

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
IM seriously considering doing my whole truck with this stuff. Its white now and it has that custom GM chipped paint effect. You guys know the one Im talking about
Know it? I lived through it! Check out the sig pic...

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You did the whole truck huh.... How many cans and how is it holding up?