Paris gets a 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the reason I mentioned boost is my builder put some extra slop into my high boost motor. Said the swelling on the piston and rings could seize the motor. The only rule. He gave me was no boost til the motor. Was warm
Be amazed at how much they will hold if that have the natural slop from alot of miles. We have been runnin 36-38 psi on a stock 240k mile 5.3. High mileage usually has some extra gap in the rings from wear. Atleast that's our theory haha.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

shift5

Reaction score
L76 is an LS2 bottom end and LS3 top end essentially. Guys run high mile engines up to 600 hp on stock internals all the time. I know G8 guys north of 700hp on TVS2300s without having the bottom end apart.

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
I would have left the bottom end alone and jut swapped the cam if I wouldn't have had to swap the reluctor. Ohwell

anyway not much going on with the motor waiting on parts now how ever I did get all the covers cleaned. It looked like somebody had gouged them up.... how I have no idea! I didn't like them when I cleaned them again so I ht them with some wrinkle black plus this morning since work is slow here. Since I don't have an oven ill let them bake in the Louisiana heat all day

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ya know, I'd found a GenIV 5.3 at the pull and pay and am debating pulling it today. I was wondering if the reluctor would just bolt right on, is it that simple? Gen III reluctor bolts right onto a Gen IV crank?

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
SC, its pressed on and there is a certain orientation so if you do it, get the other reluctor and bring it to a performance shop as you need to heat the new reluctor and then use a special allignment tool which is $250. I paid $50 to get mine swapped

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
got a little work on the heads done..... really wasted a lot of time withmaking a spring compressor ha to cheap to buy one i had all the stuff anyway. All you need is a welder, something to cut with a c clamp and a piece if flat bar. BOOM i actually saw it on youtube somewhere. here some pics. also should I lap these valves it looks like the intake has some pitting on it