Paris gets a 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
Hey guys!
went a picked up a 6.0 (L76) out of a 09 G8 yesterday with 155k on the clock! Its a long block no accessories so I get to piece everything. Ill post pictures and keep everything updated as much as possible! Its gunna go in my 1998 Silverado to replace the ole turd in it now (5.7).

Goals: all new seals, bearings, re ring pistons clean the block up, new valve springs, aggressive cam, and thats about it on the motor side of things. Ill get Gaunt to build my 4l60e and the truetrack the rear and it should be a bad truck!

You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
here she is, I moved her from my storage shed to my shop last night I will begin tear down tonight as I have everything on order now !

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here she is, I moved her from my storage shed to my shop last night I will begin tear down tonight as I have everything on order now !

Looks good. What size are the wheels?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
why 4L60e and not upgrade to a 4L80e while you're at it?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ X2, personally I wouldn't trust a 4L60E behind a cammed 6.0 if you're planning on beating on it even a little bit.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ X2, personally I wouldn't trust a 4L60E behind a cammed 6.0 if you're planning on beating on it even a little bit.
Exactly, 4L60e is ok behind a stock 5.3 or 350 that isn’t beat on but it won’t hold up to a cammed 6.0 unless you grandpa it around 99% of the time.

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
theres been a lot of debate on my going 4l80, it comes down to I have the 4l60 im going to have Jeff Gaunt build it. He builds bullet proof 4l60s my buddy has a 6.0 ls dynoing around 450in a tahoe and he had Jeff build his trans. and its a HOSS. When I burn it up Ill be swapping it really like the sticks but $$$$ aint there

I suggest looking in to Jeffs work if you are around Baton Rouge. Im sure someone can chime in about it....

any way got the bloc stripped all the way down! everything looks super nice! Gunna clean it tomorrow with some rig wash simple green and a pressure washer. wanted to have the crank back in Sunday but since my 24x reluctors got here today it was to late to bring it to asylum so Monday itll have to be!

pics coming tomorrow afternoon!!!

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
Also i wanna note this wont be a daily I have my tacoma for that! but it will be that street truck that get pulled out beat on and put up!