Overhead console door opener bricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I have a regular cab it doesn't have any of the mounting points factory. I ended up cutting the rear mounting ears off the console and then finding self tapping screws that were just long enough to go through the factory console front hole and then two screws in the rear through the back most rear cubby hole. Then with AK49BWL's help I pulled power from the rear domelight. At his suggestion I added some diodes and an extra ground wire between each map light and the power switch for them because I wanted them to come on when I open the doors as well as being able to control them individually by their switches.
Looks good there. I'll keep your wiring tips in mind. Definitely will use leds.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need the clip for the roof at the front of the console, as the console screws in up front and the trucks do NOT have that clip already up there (however the holes for the clip are there).

That's what I ended up with in both my truck For the info

You will need the clip for the roof at the front of the console, as the console screws in up front and the trucks do NOT have that clip already up there (however the holes for the clip are there).

That's what I ended up with in both my trucks :rofl:
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to grab it. Can't wait for this snow to go away. I've a bunch of parts waiting for me.