Oil pan and gasket replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90 454SS

Reaction score
Hello just wanted to get some good input from some of you on a task I have to tackle being its my first time doing this.On my 90 454SS how hard is to change out the oil pan? It has the factory 7.4L 454 with factory oil cooler.
What happened is last week I was jacking the truck up getting ready to put jack stands and the jack slipped and the truck fell on the jack and completely crushed the front part of oil pan. Tried to start it and wouldn't even turn over. I bought a new OEM pan along with fel pro one piece gasket and fel pro oil cooler adapter gasket set. If any of you can help me out I'd appreciate very much.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a 454 but I just did this about 2 weeks ago, mines slammed out so I had to put it on the lift to even get under it, but I had to put a block on a jack under the tranny pan and hoist on the motor to get enough clearance to get it out.. I pulled the bolts on the motor mounts make sure you pull dip stick tube first and drain your oil obviously, but after that it's pretty self explanatory, pull and save all the bolts and washers clean everything up real good, brake clean it out then stick gaskets and get it back in there, make sure before you bolt it back down and tighten it up your gaskets not rolled over or anything and it'll make a good seal I started from the middle and worked my way out when I was tightening everything up.. Also don't get carried away lifting your motor up and smash anything.. I only needed about 3/4" to get my pan in and out.