K1500 oil pan removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also support the engine removal track. My ‘95 had a leaking oil pan, intake, and valve seals. With the engine out it was a lot easier to work on.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O
Great avatar pic!
Oh buddy, thank you so much! Well, I added three more to the tribe and so I have six boys and 1 girl. Thankfully they all like cars and now that my rig of 17yrs is no longer a car hauler, I'm now transforming it into an Overland rig...big dreams and big goals.

Do you have kids?

coldsteel5

Reaction score
It sure does...
Will the cover clear the exhaust pipe? Just trying to avoid any surprises before starting. Being in Illinois, the exhaust hardware is for certain rustified. Looks like it would clear the flex plate/tc cover if diff is removed, but the thin dust cover needs to come off

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O

Oh buddy, thank you so much! Well, I added three more to the tribe and so I have six boys and 1 girl. Thankfully they all like cars and now that my rig of 17yrs is no longer a car hauler, I'm now transforming it into an Overland rig...big dreams and big goals.

Do you have kids?
Just 1, my 19 year old son. Raised him myself. 6 boys and 1 girl? You’re on track for the family I grew up in, 6b’s and 4g’s.

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the cover clear the exhaust pipe? Just trying to avoid any surprises before starting. Being in Illinois, the exhaust hardware is for certain rustified. Looks like it would clear the flex plate/tc cover if diff is removed, but the thin dust cover needs to come off
I'm sure it wood, I took mine off because I didn't want anything in the way since this was my first time attempting this and second I was installing shorty headers and so off it went.

Last edited:

coldsteel5

Reaction score
Was able to get the front diff out. What's the easiest way to get it back in? with one person, on the garage floor..with a floor jack and transmission jack. Anyone have any tips for reinstalling?

Last edited:

pgutier1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was able to get the front diff out. What's the easiest way to get it back in? with one person, on the garage floor..with a floor jack and transmission jack. Anyone have any tips for reinstalling?
Yup, sounds about right. I was on the driveway, two jack stands and a floor jack...lol.

Easiest way...slow and steady.

With the floor jack, I made sure that the front driver's side mount went in and installed this bolt first.

I then installed the rear driver's mount next

Lastly, I installed the two passenger side bolts

Have fun...

SableSlayer

Reaction score
I wish I would've seen this post sooner. I've pulled my oil pan 4 times in three years on the same truck. I always pull the bolts on the motor mounts and jack the block up. Can do the entire job within 90 minutes now.