Oil pressure restored

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Betty-White

Reaction score
Hope you all doing great and your projects are coming along smoothly I just had to post this cuz I'm happy and surprised at the same time. 89 c3500 big block have that dreaded oil cooler leak that I've been putting off for a long time finally did the bypass today, and I was amazed my oil pressure was always around 20-25 psi since I bought the truck about a year or so ago. I didn't think much of it, it is 40 years old so I wouldn't expect not to have new engine oil pressure. after I did the bypass though my oil pressure jumped up to 45 I was quite shocked at this much of an increase obviously the oil cooler must have been fairly restrictive. Anyways just wanted to share in case anyone else has an oil cooler that they've been debating on bypassing you might get really better oil pressure.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, if the cooler is restrictive the cooler/ filter adapter has relief check valve that will bypass the cooler. And do the same if the filter is plugged or eng oil pressure is high the filter is bypassed. Oil is not always being filtered at higher pressures.