Oil Filter Adapter Gasket Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my humble opinion and experience the oil coolers were more likely to leak and cause an engine failure vs the protection they provided. Just my opinion based on years of seeing them leak.
if you check your engine oil I dont see how that is going to happen.. unless you mean a hose failure? An oil cooler is going to extend the life of your engine oil more than extend the life of your engine, primarily speaking. I think engine oil, if you are a good owner, is given to be changed frequently enough, but if you severe use your vehicle its a good idea to use a cooler because oils lifespan may be cut down yes when it gets too hot but its protective properties and lubricaiton ability will start getting dicey not too long into getting too hot and unless you burn/leak enough oil to replenish a quart often youre not going to be adding in new ones for the system.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Finally found the bolts for the oil filter adapter for my '97 k2500 from GMPartsOnline. They came with the sealing washers (when you order, they're sold individually, not in pairs). Fast forward - nothing wrong with my bolts, just the washers. Paid $39 with shipping for the two bolts. Upon further investigation, found the sealing washers at FMWfastners.com for .30 each. I hope this helps someone
I thought the rubber seal was integral to the bolt.
I looked at my new bolts and you are correct, sealing washers look to be separate, so just buying washers if available should be a good option.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truckermim I tried to quote you but im old and blew it. Dang just found this again. Went to FMW and saw the bonded washers. Did you use those?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truckermim I tried to quote you but im old and blew it. Dang just found this again. Went to FMW and saw the bonded washers. Did you use those?
I thought he said he bought the GM bolts and THEN found the FMW washers.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Finally found the bolts for the oil filter adapter for my '97 k2500 from GMPartsOnline. They came with the sealing washers (when you order, they're sold individually, not in pairs). Fast forward - nothing wrong with my bolts, just the washers. Paid $39 with shipping for the two bolts. Upon further investigation, found the sealing washers at FMWfastners.com for .30 each. I hope this helps someone
Yup he did, trying to find out which washers he bought. I really don't want to spend 40 bucks for two washers. These bonded washers are what I think he's talking about. But I don't see how they'd seal around the shank.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup he did, trying to find out which washers he bought. I really don't want to spend 40 bucks for two washers. These bonded washers are what I think he's talking about. But I don't see how they'd seal around the shank.

Those look nothing like the ones on my new bolts.