Oil Filter Adapter Gasket Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last oil change I noticed one bolt on adapter with oil on head.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nothing crazy, but as a heads up GM has discontinued GM 88893990. This will fit 84-2002 5.0 or 5.7. They do tend to leak and usually through bolts which is why I got GM 12553513(95-2000)bolts. Bolts have a rubber seal built into washer. The gasket kit is Discontinued! But you can still find them, for now and reading some reviews for Fel-Pro I found complaints of them not fitting correctly.

$21.22 shipped from GMPartsStore.com for both.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I’ll have to add this adapter to my 350 that’s coming out of my C1500 and going into my K2500. Hopefully someone still makes a decent gasket.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I’ll have to add this adapter to my 350 that’s coming out of my C1500 and going into my K2500. Hopefully someone still makes a decent gasket.
The gasket is typically fine, they seem to leak through bolts. These bolts only for 95-up. Hopefully TBI bolts still available, I think I read they are different than these.

truckermim

Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Finally found the bolts for the oil filter adapter for my '97 k2500 from GMPartsOnline. They came with the sealing washers (when you order, they're sold individually, not in pairs). Fast forward - nothing wrong with my bolts, just the washers. Paid $39 with shipping for the two bolts. Upon further investigation, found the sealing washers at FMWfastners.com for .30 each. I hope this helps someone

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. Finally found the bolts for the oil filter adapter for my '97 k2500 from GMPartsOnline. They came with the sealing washers (when you order, they're sold individually, not in pairs). Fast forward - nothing wrong with my bolts, just the washers. Paid $39 with shipping for the two bolts. Upon further investigation, found the sealing washers at FMWfastners.com for .30 each. I hope this helps someone
I thought the rubber seal was integral to the bolt.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
340259 / 12562831 (the previous generation SBC/LT1/BBC oil cooler adapter,) straight down version, has the same seal kit used. Its still on ac delcos catalog as a current part and Im guessing if its not available somewhere its because they order them in batches like many other low volume parts that come back into circulation after running out etc.

The older adapter used to JUST use
14088852Bolt, oil fltr adap(5/16-18x3.00)(5/16-18 x 3. 00)

so sadly, an inch shorter. BUT they didnt originally seal, until the LT1 in the corvette began to get leaky, then GM added copper crush washers under the heads. I think these were cap screws because it was hard to use a wrench on a normal head otherwise

C Washer, fl . 344x. 688x. 065(oil fltr bypass) (copper crush washer)
If someone was willing to try getting 5/16x4.00 normal bolt and/or original type bolt and using a crush washer that fits the shank of the bolt rather tight, that would be appreciated. may just be an affordable fix for the issue at hand!

Do these(the older style adapters) fit on gmt 400 trucks or is there something in the way?

source for this info:
Subject: PRODUCT CAMPAIGN 92C08 - OIL LEAK AT OIL FILTER
Model and Year: 1992 CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Source: Chevrolet Product Campaign
Bulletin Number: 92C08 - (06/15/1992)

TO: All Chevrolet Dealers

BULLETIN REPRINT

This bulletin was originally sent as a DCS bulletin (Administrative Message 01-358) to all dealers on October 10, 1991. The DCS bulletin can now be discarded and this bulletin retained in its place.

General Motors has determined that certain 1992 Chevrolet Corvettes with LT1 engines may develop an oil leak at the oil filter area.

To prevent this condition, dealers are to install washers under the oil filter adapter bolts.

Owners of vehicles involved in this campaign are being contacted by the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center (CAC) on a branch-by-branch basis in conjunction with Product Emission Campaign 92C11. Refer to 92C11 for details.

VEHICLES INVOLVED

Involved are certain 1992 Chevrolet Corvettes with LT1 engines built within the following VIN breakpoints:

PLANT YEAR MODEL PLANT CODE FROM THROUGH

1992 Y-Car Bowling Green "5" N5100001 N5102614

THE INVOLVED VEHICLE LISTINGS BEING PROVIDED FOR 92C08 WILL CONTAIN ALL VEHICLES WHICH REQUIRE CAMPAIGN ACTION AT THE TIME THE DCS BULLETIN WAS SENT OUT IN OCTOBER, 1991. NOTE THAT SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE BEEN REPAIRED SINCE THE DCS BULLETIN WAS SENT TO DEALERS. THESE VEHICLES DO NOT REQUIRE FURTHER OIL FILTER ADAPTER CAMPAIGN ACTION BUT MAY REQUIRE CAMPAIGN ACTION UNDER CAMPAIGNS 92C10 (LOWER TRIM PANEL/BRAKE PEDAL INTERFERENCE) AND/OR 92C11 (OPTI-SPARK DISTRIBUTOR). DEALERS CAN VERIFY CAMPAIGN STATUS BY USING VISS.

Involved vehicle have been identified by Vehicle Identification Number Computer Listings. Computer listings contain the complete Vehicle Identification Number, owner name and address data, and. are furnished to involved dealers with the campaign bulletin.

These listings may contain owner names and addresses obtained from State Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any other purpose is a violation of law in several states. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this listing to the follow-up necessary to complete this campaign. Any dealer not receiving a computer listing with the campaign bulletin has no involved vehicles currently assigned.

OWNER NOTIFICATION

In conjunction with Product Emission Campaign 92C11 (Opti-Spark Distributor) and Product Campaign 92C10 (Lower Trim Panel/Brake Pedal Interference), owners of vehicles involved are being contacted by the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center (CAC). Dealers will be notified by DCS when owner contacts by CAC will begin in their branch. Owner letters will also be sent after a CAC contact has been attempted by CAC within each branch (see copy of owner letter included with this bulletin).

DEALER CAMPAIGN RESPONSIBILITY

Dealers are to service all vehiclEs subject to this campaign at no charge to owners, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.

Whenever a vehicle sub.ect to this campaign is taken into your new or used vehicle inventory, or it is in your dealership for service in tha future, you should take the steps necessury to be sure the campaign correction has been made before reselling or releasing the vehicle.

Owners of vehicles recently sold from your new vehicle inventory are to be contacted by the dealer according to DCS instructions, and arrangements made to make the required correction according to instructions contained in this bulletin.

PARTS INFORMATION

Parts required to complete this campaign are to be obtained from General Motors Service Parts Operations (GMSPO). To ensure these parts will be obtained as soon as possible, they should be ordered from GMSPO on a "C.I.O." order with no special instruction code, but on an advise code (2).

Part Number Description Quantity

----------- ------------ ---------

00120393 Washer 2

25010908 Oil Filter (PF51) 1

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Inspect bottom side of center console cover near label for orange dot.

If orange dot is present, no further action is required. Proceed to stop 14.

If no orange dot is present, vehicle requires washers under the oil filter adapter bolts. Proceed to step 2.

2. Remove oil filter.

3. Remove forward adapter bolt.

4. Add washer (PIN 00120393) under bolt head.
5. Reinstall bolt with washer and tighten, but do not torque at this time.
6. Remove rearward adapter bolt.
7. Add washer (PIN 00120393) under bolt head.
8. Reinstall bolt with washer and tighten.
9. Torque both bolts to 14-19 lb. ft.

10. Install new filter PF51 (PIN 25010908) and tighten 3/4 to 1 full turn after initial seal contact.

11. Add new (synthetic) oil as required.

12. Run engine and check for leaks.

13. If leaks are found, replace gasket and seal.