New steering box off a tooth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
“Advantage” is the lower line, think cheap parts with a Delco tag on it. “Professional” is supposed to be their better line, with the “OEM” being what you’d get at a dealer.

Stick with the professional or oem.

For what it’s worth, I have Moog pitman arms on my K1500 and Tahoe and didn’t notice an issue.

Last edited:

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my ACDelco box off Rock Auto with the Advantage or whatever pitman arm. The box was cheaper than Oreilly's house brand by like $60. But.... The Delco box developed problems and leaks within four days of install. Too bad since the steering was nice and tight with no dead spot. The thing about reman boxes is you might go through three of them in a year before you get a keeper. If you bought it off Rock it would be what... At least ten days round trip to get a new one. I hated to do it but I asked for a refund from Rock and bought an Oreilly box instead. At least this way I can pull the box and swap it with another within a day or two instead of ten.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was wrong with the first pitman arm and what brand was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't see how the pitman could do that. Weird. But mine is off too. Bought the "cheap" ACDelco arm.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I was wondering, too. Unless the four keyed splines were somehow clocked wrong, but that would be one hell of a factory quality control issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you got it.. the keyed splines were off. it was a pepboys house brand and since then ive heard of the same issue from others. first thing i tell them is dont have it aligned, just get the ac delco or oem and redo it. if you have it aligned with the incorrectly indexed pitman arm, you'll lose a bit of range one way and gain more the other. makes parking a pain in the ass