Need help with bolt size :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJWTX

Reaction score
I've searched high and low forums & google and I just cannot find what the actual size is the bolt for the front sway bar bushing bracket to frame. Long story short bought a truck off a kid that removed the sway bar I have a replacement but cannot find the correct bolt size for the sway bar bushing bracket to frame. also is there a nut or is there a threaded hole? Could I just pop any nutsert in the holes and call it good?

Thanks for any help.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've searched high and low forums & google and I just cannot find what the actual size is the bolt for the front sway bar bushing bracket to frame. Long story short bought a truck off a kid that removed the sway bar I have a replacement but cannot find the correct bolt size for the sway bar bushing bracket to frame. also is there a nut or is there a threaded hole? Could I just pop any nutsert in the holes and call it good?

Thanks for any help.
What year and model (1500, 2500, 3500) truck? It may make a difference. If you have a 2wd 1500, I might be able to get you some info in the morning ( on the front bar on my Burb).

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you check the parts diagram on the factory service manual?

have you gone to the junkyard to get one so you can measure it yourself?

have you thought about just buying them at a junkyard and then not having to worry about the size?

RJWTX

Reaction score
did you check the parts diagram on the factory service manual?

have you gone to the junkyard to get one so you can measure it yourself?

have you thought about just buying them at a junkyard and then not having to worry about the size?
I haven't looked into the service manual and the only junk yard around here you have to pay to even look. I just figured a forum like this someone would know it off hand. Guess I was wrong.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't looked into the service manual and the only junk yard around here you have to pay to even look. I just figured a forum like this someone would know it off hand. Guess I was wrong.
I doubt anyone knows that bolt size off the top of their head. How much do you have to pay, $5 tops? Just ask them if they have your truck and drive type (2 or 4) before you go. If they do it's likely to be on there, I don't know of many people who go to the junk yard to get a sway bar and bolts.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just figured a forum like this someone would know it off hand. Guess I was wrong.

I just replaced my bushings a couple months ago, and I don't have a clue what the bolt size is. I'd have to go pull one off the truck. It wasn't anything crazy.

Do you have a bolt bucket under your tool box?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The LD 2500 is a 1500 frame, so any K series 1500 bracket bolt will fit.
The bracket bolt threads into a welded nut/insert inside the frame.

I would go to the hardware store, buy several sizes of metric bolts (I’m pretty sure they’re metric) that are in the ballpark of the hole size, and see if one fits. Of course, there is thread size to think about
The factory bolts are a specialty bolt with a smaller than normal head for clearance, at least on my K1500s.

I have a Craftsman USA rethreading kit, and it’s been a godsend at times when trying to figure out bolt and thread size.