NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
A bumper jack? I tried putting a jack under the hitch and going up but it didn't do much. I've never heard of a bumper jack though.

More familiar with the term hi-lift jack? I had old cars growing up and my dad always had old cars which had essentially the same jack but it had a hole in the bumper it slid in to jack up the car. If you woller the holes out down half an inch and the bottom holes back half inch u should be able to get bout an inch out of it then just loosen your bumper and level it out.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright fellers well I reemed those bolt holes out just a little bit today...I didn't take it as far as I could although I should've. I got the bumper to come up some and it's angled up a bit as you'll see in these pics. For right now though, I think it looks fine and I'll see if Brett has any ideas when he does my Realift and double shock setup.

Here's where I drilled the holes out a bit I took it further than these pics show though
You must be registered for see images attach

Pulled her up a bit

Look how bad the angle is though

Money shot! with the painted towz

I'm happy with it for now. I'm ready to get the good mods started :D

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
front bumper angle almost matches rear bumper angle :p Did you smoot the tows before paint? I really hope my bumper isnt such a ***** lol

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A ***** it was. What you're seeing with my front bumper is somewhat of an optical illusion. The corner molding right there is popped out of the holes in the bumper and worn out so it won't stay...When it pops out it curls slightly up and gives the effect that my front bumper is smiling lol But my front bumper is straight as can be.
I believe a painted smoothie will be in order along with the body lift after this weeks mods.

They still have to wet sand and buff both the tows and the rear bumper.

I wouldn't wish what I just went through with this rear bumper on my worst enemy...God it was awful. The final perfection adjustments will be made to it this friday when everything else gets done.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The rear bumper looks good aside from the angle, which could be fixed if you have room to adjust the bottom of your bumper

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup! I might. I'm just exhausted. This Memphis heat is like no other...I'm actually pretty happy with it for now. It's weird you have to be on the ground almost like the picture that was taken to notice the angle. When looking at it from standing it looks great! I'm actually pretty happy with it for now. While Brett is doing the double shocks and realift this Friday I'll be making the final adjustments...

Me and Tyler need to do a joint writeup:

The "HOW TO NBS BUMPER"
1. THE EASY WAY (tylers)
and
2. THE "I HOPE TO GOD MINES THE EASY WAY" (mine)

Mine is just like Tylers except that I had to reem out the holes on the bracket where it bolts to the frame, but that was after trying 1,000k,00-0 other things.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Depending on what I got on my plate after my next check and if I can find a chrome nbs bumper at one of the salvage yards around here I may be doing soon

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do it man! Screw the roll pan! I have wayyy better of a grasp on this mod after Tyler's help and doing all this myself. It should not be as difficult for you and you already know everything that could go wrong too by reading this thread.

I got discouraged from the NBS bumper at first beccause I noticed the average junk yard price is about $250-300 but the best bet by far is finding NBS being parted out on craigslist. I got mine for $50 but it was the work truck one. It just happened to work out perfect since I wanted a fully painted one.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
As long as the bumper is in perfect condition I wouldnt mind payin 250 for it, and I havent seen any on craigslist I've been lookin for bout a week so far