NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Thats why I said if you woller all holes a lil to lift it and the bottom holes so you can rotate the bottom out which would allow a lil more lift to it but if you rotate the brackets it would rotate the bracket causing it to point up

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if you dont need to reem your bracket holes out. The top one you drilled, over size it. This will allow the bottom of the bumper to twist in and the top to come up. Also the bottom bolt hole ont he bumper, which was a square, i drilled out and used an OBS bolt there for more movement

BTW, i havent touched the holes on my frame at all.

So wait tyler you're saying reem out the holes on the side of the bracket that is attached to the bumper?? I have been talking about the ones attached to the frame...I'm not really seeing how the bumper bolts will allow it to move up 2" inches though...Maybe though! I can see where if the holes were bigger and I could just lift it to whatever angle is right and then just tighten them down...Hell, I'd rather just reem those ones out than the ones that go to the frame anyway...I also put the OBS bolt in the bottom one but the tops square part got stripped out it was a nightmare so I replaced them with a slightly larger bolt 7/16 to 1/2"...Not sure if 7/16th's is right but I know the new bolts are 1/2" but anyway, maybe I can just loosen those bolts up and see if I have any wiggle room??? I'll go try this.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp went down there and did nothing but strip out the bolt that goes into the bottom of the bumper/bracket....Tyler you said you re drilled those but what did you do about that Nut that is like welded to the bracket? My drill crapped out so tmrw I plan on drilling right through that nut and putting a new bolt in....I was thinking I could loosen up all the bracket bolts that attach to the bumper, raise it that way and then tighten those down and see if it holds but tonight all I did was create more work for myself. Let me know what you did about the Nut that is like welded on there...I don't know whether to cut it off or drill through it.

EDIT: Well I drilled all the way through the nut that's stuck on and put a new one in...Then I tried loosing them and lifting the bumper while tightening to no avail....so that was quite a waste. I'm very curious how yours fit on so high where you need to go down and mine is quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
is there anyway to put a spacer where the bracket meets the bumper? i would just get some pieces of metal, drill new holes in that for the two inch lift you need and then have that welded to the bracket where it mounts to the frame and then bolt it all up. sorry if thats confusing, its just its easier to show than to explain lol

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I damn sure know it's easier shown than explained but yeah, I don't know what to do at this point. I find it odd his needed to go down and mine needs to go this far up. Same trucks, same bumper, same brackets......After last night I aint gonna go messing with it anymore until I have a sure fire answer.

Reaction score
hmm im not really sure what to tell ya. I didnt mean drill out the the bolt hole on the bracket, i ment the hole in the bumper. Do you have your bracket upside down by any chance? the new hole you drilled is for the top bolt correct? I didnt touch the holes on my frame

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep Tyler I just drilled out the new holes in the top of the bracket, but you did mention you reemed out some holes for better adjustment...Something about an oval somewhere....I'm beginning to think my hitch being bent has got something to do with this...

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
take the hitch off, check it out, and see what happens. lol. yall are gonna make me scrap doing my console swap tonight and go try this damnit! LOL

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL you wouldn't have problems I bet. I'm thinking my hitch is definitely part of this but why should I take the hitch off?? I need them to bend it back up and I gotta pull a trailer all week.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
take the hitch off, check it out, and see what happens. lol. yall are gonna make me scrap doing my console swap tonight and go try this damnit! LOL

If the hitch being bent is why the bumper isnt lining up it wouldnt because the hitch is bent but that the frame was bent which taking the hitch off wouldnt help anyways