NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Bumper looks good on there man. If you are still looking for measurements of some stock flares I think I can get those for you, just let me know if you still need them.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
88gmctruck has a thread in the lounge for junkyard feeler and said there are flares, I dont know how many sets there are but he may be able to come up with some for both of us

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
in my honest opinion i like our body styles with the stock sheet metal flares like the way yours and mine are now. dirty hicks truck looks good with them but id much rather not have them. as far as some other mods have you thought of any performance ones? the only appearance ones i can think of is smoked tail lights and maybe where the exhaust dumps. i like the whole hidden look

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in my honest opinion i like our body styles with the stock sheet metal flares like the way yours and mine are now. dirty hicks truck looks good with them but id much rather not have them. as far as some other mods have you thought of any performance ones? the only appearance ones i can think of is smoked tail lights and maybe where the exhaust dumps. i like the whole hidden look
I do too man. Its just I see some trucks with them that look killer but I dunno if mines one of them. Funny you say that my plans include LED tails and getting the tips dumped to where you can barely see them if u were in a car behind me and I want them close together and angled a bit in the middle. I'm not too concerned with going fast but I would like a tyranny cooler electriic fans etc. Just things to help keep the engine and tranny tip top and maybe a tune but from what I understand that's very difficult with TBI

I'll see if I have time tomorrow, got a lot of yard work to do at the parents but I'll try and make it happen.
Thanks alit bro

88gmctruck has a thread in the lounge for junkyard feeler and said there are flares, I dont know how many sets there are but he may be able to come up with some for both of us
I am def interested need to just learn more!

Last edited:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Alright it was dark by the time I got around to getting those measurements so they aren't the most detailed things on how much tire coverage and what not but I got 2.5 inches wide and 5 inches tall at the top.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh wow that's actually a bit bigger than the cheap $100 ones I found on ebay. They were some $100 "Fender flares" they didn't claim to be OEM style or whatever but they were 4" x 1" tire coverage so that's actually a little under, and yours are the actual OEM ones right?

Thanks alot man...you wouldn't believe how many people I asked those for and never got them...That's awesome. I'm not sure about flares on mine anymore....I wish I could test fit some first before I lay down the $$$ cuz I don't want to buy some cheap $100 knock offs and I know any decent ones will run $200+

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Yes those were oem, they are on a truck that my girlfriends neighbor has. How much tire coverage is actually there IDK I', sure you would just measure the stock flare out thing then subtract that from 2.5 and that'll tell you the "tire coverage" past stock.

I will let you know this though.... They don't cover **** or help at all. My truck had so many rock chips from my 37s and 35s that it was like the flares weren't even there.

Not the best picture of it but you can see all the little knicks that look like dirt, they are actually paint chips from the tires.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I already know they don't do a damn thing. I've heard regular old mud flaps are actually the paint saver but I'm not expecting any type of coverage with these. Only reason I might buy them is 100% looks, as usual :D but I'm still on the fence. I was excited when I found the ones for $100 but the ebay seller I wrote them several times asking if they were "OEM like" and they never wrote back, so most likely just a cheap knock off, but I just don't know that I like them or want them enough to pay $200+

So far I'm kind of at a stand still after realift and 6 new shocks...I know I might body lift, LED tails, and get exhaust angled and dumped...I'm thinking about getting that black interior dye BIG MAC used and Two-toning my leather buckets Tan/Black....but other than new wheels and tires, paint, etc. I don't have any other ideas for the truck. I really do think OEM flares painted would look great on the truck w 37's (especially after BL) but I think I would just need to come across a killer deal. 96k1500 is talking about a guy that can maybe hook us up..I'm gonna go check that thread now.