NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Sweet. Yea I just hooked up my trany cooler right before the new one was installed. The led tails will look good. Definitely put pics up with your exhaust when you do it. I need to re do mine from the headers back because of the SAS brackets

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh how much did your cooler run you? Is it for 4l60e and are you vortec 350 or tbi 350? If you're TBI 350/ 4l60e like me, I may look into the same one you got. I had my tranny rebuilt about 1.5 year ago and I think it would help since I do a bit of towing...I've also heard about getting a bigger tranny pan but I don't really see the importance of that vs. keeping the tranny cool.

I will get picz up hopefully soon. It's just a huge hassle because the exhaust shop is across town, they're always super busy, and I know they'll have to "look at it" to be able to tell me anything but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it. I've removed my spare a long while back. No need for that anymore. I think I'll need all of that spare space because that's where the major pipe bends will be and then angled down and out a little...I want them maybe 1-2" out on each side of the license plate (as far as width goes) and then maybe 1-2" under the rear bumper so they're hidden but you kind of have to be looking to see them...

Since most of the main exterior mods are done, now I'm just trying to do all the tiny details that really make a big difference like all the new shocks, red wire loom, and exhaust tips, etc.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
oh okay. honestly and this is where everyone can laugh i bought my truck and the guy told me i have the trany cooler on the truck you just have to connect the lines and run the fan to a switch and i never got around to doing it and what do you know i nuked my trany lol. so it was a matter of running wires and having the lines plugged in when i had the new trany installed. i have the tbi 350 with the 4l60e aswell. mine is a 94 so no vortec until 96. this was posted in another thread and fast orange said he is using it http://www.transmissioncoolers.us/M...?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=trucool-coolers-hd. so check those out. as far as a new pan, im planning on getting a maghytec one eventually so i can run a trany temp gauge and they have the bung for it and a drain plug unlike the stock pan.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adam, that's pretty funny. I don't think a tranny cooler is the definitive lift saver there but I think it helps alot and keeps a dying tranny alive much much longer. I've been interested in one for a while. Especially with a gauge mounted. I'm just into things that help the truck be a better truck, but not too concerned with going faster. This old 350 TBI ain't no vortec :D She's made for pullin'!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, getting ready to order shocks for the rear and the rancho rs5000's I ordered for the front won't fit the rear so looks like I'm going to step up to the rs9000xl's...They're $100/piece compared to the $50/piece for the rs5000's...Should ride pretty good though! I doubt I'll notice much difference really other than it stiffening up because of the added shocks up front.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys I want to run these Rancho 5000's upside down in the front so the boots are on the bottom. Is that okay to do or will it hurt the shocks at all? I like that look much more for the double shock setup..and I didn't know if it depended on the valving or not.

Also, I will have 4 shocks that came with the dick cepek lift FREE to any gmt400 member that truely wants/needs them. They are still in fine condition, painted them black, and the truck rides great with these shocks. Can't really beat free ones either but anyone who wants/needs these let me know ASAP

ddennis45

Reaction score
Just got mine on and mine is doing the exact same thing southern pride. I had to trim the top of the obs bracket where it connects the frame. There is a lip there that catches on a bed support. I trimmed that, cut out a lower oval on the bracket and welded a piece of flat stock onto the old hole. Raised it perfectly and it looks as if it is supposed to be there! Just had to lower the holes if that makes since.. I know this thread is old but if you need more info holler at me. Just saying how i did mine because mine was EXACTLY like yours.