My purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this today for $30.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Now how do I make the odometer match the one in the old cluster?
For paperwork reasons?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Holy shizzle! $30 YOU STOLE IT

Some simple disassembly - from the front side, not the rear - and you can swap your odometers between the two clusters. Pull the lens/bezel assembly from the front; no need to pull the metal back cover.

I haven't taken apart the 1991 needle cluster but I've taken apart many moonie clusters and then many 1992-up needle clusters. Most likely the 1991 needle is similar in construction to the 1992-up and you may need to gently pry around the edges of the gauge face to lift the gauges out of their sockets and access the odometer. Be careful with it as the gauge face is clear plexi with a sticker on it that is the black background and numbers. Don't break it.

If you choose to also calibrate the speedometer in your new cluster, read here: http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/258562

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
How much are these normally worth? I have a couple ive been selling at leasg one moonie cluster a week. Havent tried these yet.

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy shizzle! $30 YOU STOLE IT

Some simple disassembly - from the front side, not the rear - and you can swap your odometers between the two clusters. Pull the lens/bezel assembly from the front; no need to pull the metal back cover.

I haven't taken apart the 1991 needle cluster but I've taken apart many moonie clusters and then many 1992-up needle clusters. Most likely the 1991 needle is similar in construction to the 1992-up and you may need to gently pry around the edges of the gauge face to lift the gauges out of their sockets and access the odometer. Be careful with it as the gauge face is clear plexi with a sticker on it that is the black background and numbers. Don't break it.

If you choose to also calibrate the speedometer in your new cluster, read here: http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/258562

Richard

I also want to install white 5000K (White) LEDs in it while I got it apart. This one doesn't appear to have twistcaps like the 92 and up clusters have.

So the odometer from the Moonie cluster will fit into this with no problem?

Do you know of a guide on how to take these apart?
I do not want to break it.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How much are these normally worth? I have a couple ive been selling at leasg one moonie cluster a week. Havent tried these yet.
Since it's a one-year-only cluster and wasn't even in all the 1991 models (many had moonies) I'd say $100+ if in good shape.

I also want to install white 5000K (White) LEDs in it while I got it apart. This one doesn't appear to have twistcaps like the 92 and up clusters have.

So the odometer from the Moonie cluster will fit into this with no problem?

Do you know of a guide on how to take these apart?
I do not want to break it.
It has sockets mounted directly to the circuit board inside, accessible with disassembly from the front while you're in there changing out the odometer.

Guide? Seriously doubt it. Already kind of explained it to you in my previous reply. And re: your PM, no, don't pull the needles please...

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nvm clearly different haha

Oh you meant the regular 92-94 style tach cluster? Dime a dozen to a degree, but I have seen boneyards charge $75 and more for them which I think is kinda high. $50 for a nice one all day long as people do want them to swap out for their non-tach clusters. Watch out for V6/V8 issues as the tach circuit is different.

The 1991 needle cluster is rare. Last one I sold at my old yard I got $125 for it and the guy didn't blink, which is what I expected; anybody hunting these generally knows they are hard to find. Nice upgrade for any 1988-1991 with moonies, but only a drop-in on 1991. Move 3 wires in harness connector for 1988-1990.

Richard