My purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it's a one-year-only cluster and wasn't even in all the 1991 models (many had moonies) I'd say $100+ if in good shape.

It has sockets mounted directly to the circuit board inside, accessible with disassembly from the front while you're in there changing out the odometer.

Guide? Seriously doubt it. Already kind of explained it to you in my previous reply. And re: your PM, no, don't pull the needles please...

Richard

I have a 1992 GMC cluster I am practicing on diss assembly before I tackle the 1991 needle cluster.
I do this so If I break something (on the 92 cluster) Its not a total loss since the 92-94 clusters are easier to come by then the 1991 needle cluster.

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The innards of the 1991 needle cluster:
You must be registered for see images attach

For those who are wondering what the 1991 needle cluster looks like on the inside.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, as I suspected, similar construction from the front side as a 92-94 cluster. Do yourself a favor before re-assembly and shoot a little contact cleaner into the sockets for the gauges.

The bulbs are 194/168/etc. wedge base. The ones you linked will physically fit the socket; the potential problem with any LED swap is whether or not the light pattern produced will look good or have hot spots & dead spots as it makes its way around the cluster.

Richard

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then specific bulbs that I linked to are the same ones that I used on my 1987 Chevrolet R10 LED changeover.
And they look great.

In Fact:

It looks better in person

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Here it is installed with those LEDS I used: