Odometer not working - 92 sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mekirk2

Reaction score
New to the group - just read where Richard recommended starting a new thread instead of reviving an older one about an issue (Sorry for already doing so). My father’s 92 c1500 sierras (v8 105000 miles non tach model) odometer had quit working. Thought it might be the gear I’ve read about, so I pulled it apart today. The gears looked good but the motor appeared to be stuck (wouldn’t turn at first). Messed around with it and it appears to be working now but only putting .4 miles on the odometer for every mile driven (speedometer is within 2mph of gps). Disconnected and removed the trip odometer to make sure it wasn’t causing the issues. I’m now thinking it’s the electric odometer motor but don’t know of a way to test it. I took it off and tried to oil it - didn’t change anything.

anyone have any ideas I haven’t considered? Anyone have a working odometer motor sittting around?