My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those that followed my dually thread diligently may recall the oddball leaf packs that that truck came with, 7 mains and lower only overload. . . installed upside down.

You must be registered for see images attach

I split both packs open and hit the 5 mains I cared about with a wire brush. Gonna nitpick tomorrow, paint, and reassemble. They'll go in as true 8600 GVW leaf packs and I'm debating on having the 2 long extra leaves powder coated and added to my 3500. What I found is that this 7 main leaf pack wasn't entirely aftermarket, there were simply a couple of add ins.

I emailed the company to see if they had any spring rate data on this.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That number comes up as a spring "repair plate" with Google... I don't even know what a repair plate is.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Are you going to install the overload upside down again?

Looking at the HD Triangle spring on Rockauto it look like they do put the spring in with the taper up, but the curve on yours seems to go the opposite way.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll be reassembling the proper way so it actually does it's job. I also saw the leaf packs on Rockauto. I got nowhere with the part number on the Google for some reason. Their website sucks. Did it say how many leaves were included with the part number?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'll be reassembling the proper way so it actually does it's job. I also saw the leaf packs on Rockauto. I got nowhere with the part number on the Google for some reason. Their website sucks. Did it say how many leaves were included with the part number?

The part number you have is one piece. What I was looking at on Rockauto was listed for my 1-ton.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7200972&cc=1353451&jsn=321

....and the description and picture don't match.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No they don't. I was also looking under 3500 since that's what this had come off of. It kinda looks like they used a couple add a leafs to come up with the heavy duty leaf pack listed there. Then ****** it all up by installing the lower overload upside down and completely throwing the upper away.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What's confusing to me is the taper and curve direction of that overload. The tapers are in the same direction between the Rockauto picture and your's but the curves are opposite.... yours curves down. I wonder if that means it was extremely overloaded at one time and is permanently bent.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No, the overloads are stamped and the markings indicated that it was indeed installed upside down. Here's a post from my dually build.

I believe I've confirmed that the lower overload was installed upside down, seeing how it is factory but the rest appears otherwise.

Like my 1500, Delco faces down.

See those shiny u bolts that were trimmed for the old leaf pack? Well the new one is 1.5" taller. The 7 mains are the same thickness as these 5. The other pack didn't use any spacers between the leaves and it also didn't have the block and upper overload. **** me.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got my leaf packs disassembled, cleaned, painted, and reassembled. Just waiting for new bushings and shackles to show up and they can go in.

Last edited: