My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was pretty far into the build of this truck if you can call it that when I joined this site, so never really bothered to make a thread on it. But the thread on GMTC is gone with the forums, so no good way to keep me motivated on this thing without a thread. Plus it's nice to go back and see that I have made actual progress. So here it is when I first got it in South Dakota, stock as stock can be back in February 2009.

You must be registered for see images attach

Awesome build thread, I always wanted to know more about the 1500.

Bit of an aside, is that first pic of the truck those apartments on the east side of M Hill in Rapid? They look familiar.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry Deathpunch, the OHC install was a long time ago and the info came from the now defunct GMTruckCentral forum. It's super easy though, console itself bolts right in and the wiring is not all that bad.

Christian, I'm not sure what you're calling M Hill, but those apartments were referred to as "Harmony Heights". They were the far west side of Rapid City and my parking area was pretty sweet. When it dumped butthole deep snow on the city, all I had to do was hit the gas to back out. Those that were within 1000' of me, but parked on the street on the opposite side of the buildings had their cars buried so bad the plow driver had to say a prayer not to slice their cars open. Here's a quick google maps link to where I lived then.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...0d3a28172d4e557!8m2!3d44.102117!4d-103.248578

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Christian, I'm not sure what you're calling M Hill, but those apartments were referred to as "Harmony Heights". They were the far west side of Rapid City and my parking area was pretty sweet. When it dumped butthole deep snow on the city, all I had to do was hit the gas to back out. Those that were within 1000' of me, but parked on the street on the opposite side of the buildings had their cars buried so bad the plow driver had to say a prayer not to slice their cars open. Here's a quick google maps link to where I lived then.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...0d3a28172d4e557!8m2!3d44.102117!4d-103.248578

Ah, not the same place, but close ish lol

M Hill
Rapid City, SD 57701

https://goo.gl/maps/JKja4wfbRYx

Not that it really matters.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well it seems no sooner do I create a thread to honor this truck than it decides to take a ****. I seem to be pissing fuel from the top of the tank so I get to investigate that mess this weekend. That on top of the PS box, line, and cooler I had intended to install and the torsion bars and leaf packs I was gonna swap in with new shocks and new idler arm and alignment. Got a busy week. . .

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't feel like driving a fire hazard, so I trailered.

I proceeded to drop the tank and quickly found my leak.

That made it easy to get the lines off, I just broke them off. Still have to fish the chunks out of the lines, but should be easier than doing it the right way. The damn tool doesn't fit because it's too long.

So I went out to my 34 gallon tank and swiped the sender from it only to find it doesn't have a damn pressure sensor port.

So I fished out the pressure sensor from mine and drilled a hole since the boss was there. I need a 10mm bit though as it doesn't quite fit in the 3/8" hole.

Found why my gauge hasn't worked right since day 1.