My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been considering a 70% windshield for a bit. How is that at night? My headlights though better than stock aren't great so I'd hate to reduce visibility at night in any noticable way.

I have yet to get it but my buddy has like 50% in his Ram 2500, and that's a smidge too dark for my liking, but from the 70% I'd seen it doesn't seem like it would be god awful at night.

AND FWIU doing anything to the windshield is illegal. Although, here in AZ the cops even have tint that looks almost too dark to be legal IMO, LOL.

I've seen 4 or 5 State Trooper Tahoes with what looked like 5% all the way around; Anything under 80% is illegal in NC.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put 5% all around, except the windshield, on our Infiniti Q45, it was a ***** turning left at night I couldn't hardly see the road to the side. I had to roll down the windows to back out of the garage, I couldn't see the opening, LOL.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have been considering a 70% windshield for a bit. How is that at night? My headlights though better than stock aren't great so I'd hate to reduce visibility at night in any noticable way.
Don't do it, I need all the light I can get, especially at night. I am pretty sure it's illegal in most (if not all) states. I'd rather do the brow than the whole windshield.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Do 50% if you have good headlights. 60% if theyre just ok. I had 60% on my 05 and it was the best thing i ever did. I had good headlights in it and after a few drives it becomes normal. In fact i wish i had done 50%. When people brighted me at night it was no big deal, driving into the sun was no problem with sun glasses on. No problem seeing out of it day or night at all. Yes it was illegal as it gets but i never had any trouble.
You must be registered for see images attach
That was with 10% sides and 5% back glass (if I remember right). Plus with the sides and back that dark no one could see in. Also when i got the AC fixed it seemed like it didnt have to work near as hard to keep it cool.

Sorry for the long winded post, didnt mean to derail this thread but im an advocate for full windshield tint lol. I absolutely loved it.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't do it, I need all the light I can get, especially at night. I am pretty sure it's illegal in most (if not all) states. I'd rather do the brow than the whole windshield.
It is illegal in CA yes, but 20% on the side windows is also illegal, and I have that. I'd imagine technically my brow is illegal as well.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went ahead and put a new evaporator core, dryer, AC suction and manifold line set, condenser and charged the A/C this past weekend. Cruising around with 46* air on a 95* day now.

Also driven the truck to work for the last two weeks.

You must be registered for see images attach
Successfully commuting in this thing is a huge Accomplishment