My 1990 C1500 SWB Build - Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what street tires did you go with on the rallys?

M/T makes a street tire that I been wanting to try - the Sportman S/T. They are crazy backordered at this time tho :/

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what street tires did you go with on the rallys?

M/T makes a street tire that I been wanting to try - the Sportman S/T. They are crazy backordered at this time tho :/

I went with the cheapest nankang 275 radials I could find, the rallys only lased on my truck for two days. As I still couldn't turn without hitting the lower control arms.

I run a Mickey Thompson Radial PRO which is a nearly "slick" radial tire. It depends on how much power your making?

How much power are you making?

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the cheapest nankang 275 radials I could find, the rallys only lased on my truck for two days. As I still couldn't turn without hitting the lower control arms.

I run a Mickey Thompson Radial PRO which is a nearly "slick" radial tire. It depends on how much power your making?

How much power are you making?

I'm hardly making any real power - just a baby LS 5.3 with a tx cam, LS6 lifters and flowmaster 10s. PO claimed close to 350. I am looking into Vortech Superchargers tho! My buddy developed most the kit so it's been intriguing to say the least. Granted, it's not the best bang for buck in comparison to turbos but growing up, I always thought it would be cool to have a V8 with a whine coming from it, ha!

At the time I was looking to stick with the 275/60/15s and the options were limited - Nankang, Mile, Hankook, Cobras, BFs and M/Ts where about it. Of that list, I figured I'd give M/T a try since it was just above median in price.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I'm hardly making any real power - just a baby LS 5.3 with a tx cam, LS6 lifters and flowmaster 10s. PO claimed close to 350. I am looking into Vortech Superchargers tho! My buddy developed most the kit so it's been intriguing to say the least. Granted, it's not the best bang for buck in comparison to turbos but growing up, I always thought it would be cool to have a V8 with a whine coming from it, ha!

At the time I was looking to stick with the 275/60/15s and the options were limited - Nankang, Mile, Hankook, Cobras, BFs and M/Ts where about it. Of that list, I figured I'd give M/T a try since it was just above median in price.

I did the Nankangs on this truck, it was okay for street driving and JUST driving it, but horsing around would blow the tires off with ease.

I'd look into a Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Drag radial once supercharged, or just run whatever the cheapest 275/60/15 street tire is for the interim.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Wow, what's the potential trade?

@OutlawDrifter A 68 impala. I've only ever thought about letting go of this truck twice in 7 years, wife stopped me everytime. Wouldnt let it happen.

She knows I've been looking for a 68 fastback forever. I had a 68 Impala as my first car.

You must be registered for see images attach