Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He passed his driver's test. We're still not done, but it's done enough to get to school and back. It's just the little crap that takes forever to really get done. Like interior stuff.

I am going to look for an autocross group that's not too far away. To me autocross always felt like sex with your clothes on ... it's just not quite the real thing, but it will be good for a new driver to learn from.

I'm also itching to see what it does in the 1/4. It feels low 14's to me. It also kinda feels like dead transmissions will follow. LOL. This is hardest shifting 4L60E I've ever had. It's always chirping 1-2 even if you are not driving hard. You have to consciously back off the throttle to make it not happen.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
He passed his driver's test. We're still not done, but it's done enough to get to school and back. It's just the little crap that takes forever to really get done. Like interior stuff.

I am going to look for an autocross group that's not too far away. To me autocross always felt like sex with your clothes on ... it's just not quite the real thing, but it will be good for a new driver to learn from.

I'm also itching to see what it does in the 1/4. It feels low 14's to me. It also kinda feels like dead transmissions will follow. LOL. This is hardest shifting 4L60E I've ever had. It's always chirping 1-2 even if you are not driving hard. You have to consciously back off the throttle to make it not happen.

Is the MAF hooked up and working? I know unplugging the MAF will force high/full line pressure.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read here that the shift kits (Transgo maybe?) make them shift really aggressively.

I remember there was a thread of a member complaining that everytime his transmission shifted his glove box popped open! He was looking for advice on how to remove his shift kit IIRC...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
4L60 or 65? IIRC the 65 is Corvette spec with beefier bits internally. That's what the '06 has behind the 6.0 according to the VIN feedback.