Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More driving. It spins the tires on the 1-2 shift. Not just a chirp/scratch either. We drove it about 15 miles with some highway. It drives fine other than the spongy brakes. Oil pressure is good, water temp never got over 195 and that's using the OBS V6 radiator and the 5.3 mechanical fan.

I let the boy drive it in the neighborhood. He's scared of it, which is good. He's all in favor of tuning it down, not that it would matter.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took some metal to the scrapyard and got it weighed, 4200 lbs with me in it and a little over 1/2 tank of gas. Ball park it around 3950 sans driver. These trucks are heavier than I thought.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took some metal to the scrapyard and got it weighed, 4200 lbs with me in it and a little over 1/2 tank of gas. Ball park it around 3950 sans driver. These trucks are heavier than I thought.
I would of thought a RCSB 2wd would be around 4500#, maybe a bit more? I was off...

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Growing up we were installing ceramic tile in our house and we picked it up from the warehouse on Dad's 88 RCSB. It was literally like a "ton!"

Dad didn't know about GVWR, curb weight, or any of that stuff. Plus, the only other vehicle we had was a station wagon.

The rear looked it was bagged, but she survived :p.