Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In addition to not being a welder, I'm not a painter either. I went to wet sand the primer and there's some areas where it just came off. (Or maybe it was really thin.)

I'm wondering if I should hit it with self etching primer instead of the primer sealer I used, or do I need to sand it all off and rough it up more before priming again. I don't know what all these primers do, back in my day we just had grey primer and that was it.

I also found a little dent in the corner the very bottom of the corner I never noticed before. :mad:

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I did almost everything wrong on a paint job that you can do wrong. Have to wait a few days to see it in the sun. Hopefully most of the screw ups can be fixed with wet sand and a polish. It's not a highly visible area at least.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure I did almost everything wrong on a paint job that you can do wrong. Have to wait a few days to see it in the sun. Hopefully most of the screw ups can be fixed with wet sand and a polish. It's not a highly visible area at least.

Still looks better than the paint on my truck. I think a half blind donkey with three legs, diabetes and a drinking problem could have done a better job than whoever insulted the paint and body industry with the paint job on my truck.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Looks like professional did it!

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing it in overcast morning light, it's definitely a bit darker. I probably put on too much. I could blend it some with the surrounding areas, but I'm not. :) Actually, for not even being sanded/polished it looks fairly decent. I'll leave that to him as I'm officially done with this dang corner. Now we can move on to other things.

It's a track weekend so might be a couple of weeks before anything gets done. Spring break is coming up and I took the week off, we could probably finish it then.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new door on, I'm not very happy with the patch panel (other side). I should have put the new door on first so I could get the alignment and all that right. Oh well.

Anyway, we got the new door and bed on. The bumper brackets seemed to be slightly different and we ran out of energy there.

I think with the bumper, seat belts, and disabling some more DTCs it will pass inspection.

Anyone want this parts truck? I think I'm just going to give it away if anyone wants it.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the new door on, I'm not very happy with the patch panel (other side). I should have put the new door on first so I could get the alignment and all that right. Oh well.

Anyway, we got the new door and bed on. The bumper brackets seemed to be slightly different and we ran out of energy there.

I think with the bumper, seat belts, and disabling some more DTCs it will pass inspection.

Anyone want this parts truck? I think I'm just going to give it away if anyone wants it.

Does that rear end have 3.73s? That’s the part I need lol

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that rear end have 3.73s? That’s the part I need lol

No idea. If it does, I'd probably keep it. ;)

I took MC out for a drive this morning. First time I approached anything like aggressive throttle ... this thing scoots. Everyone says the LS doesn't make low end torque, but all you could ever use is right there quick. My butt 1/4 timer estimates it's a low 14 second car. Maybe 13 on a day like today if you could hook up. Definitely will be creating a driver tune for him.

I can't get the brakes to lock up. Guess we need to bleed them more. It actually stops pretty good for a truck though.