Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to wait to fix this until he had some miles under his belt without hitting anything, but I started trying to push it out some to at least kind of level it and I ended up making it uglier. I need to do something before it rusts.

I have a cab corner I bought somewhere, but I'm a horrible welder. I can weld thick metal ok enough for my needs, but sheet metal butt joints are beyond my skill level. I also only have flux core setup at the moment.

I'm kind of thinking about calling a mobile welder or body work guy to have them do the patch. I can do the rest myself.

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I personally have never done welding on automotive sheet metal. But I wouldn't try it it with flux core.

You can't JB weld it in?...just asking, I have no idea.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they actually make a special adhesive for body panel repair. I think I would have to get a flange tool to use it. Actually if I flanged it I might have a chance of welding it without blowing through it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told y'all I wasn't a welder so don't laugh too much. It's stuck on there good anyways. I kinda flanged and lap welded it so the edge looks weird. Bondo will go in there and hopefully make it look at flat-ish. I probably have some more tacking and grinding to do, but it was getting dark.

I actually called a few mobile guys to work on it. One guy wanted $500 to slather it bondo, and another guy was willing to weld in the patch for $475 so I hired him, but he never showed up. After buying shielding gas and some tools I'm ahead about $200.

As long as it looks ok from 5 feet away, I'm ok with that. Nobody is going to be laying on the ground looking at it and most of it is behind the bed.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could spot weld it, then use JB Weld as a filler, but to just use JB Weld. It won't hold up.
Ol boy, @kennythewelder, got certifications that look like a freakin bank vault combination..... hahaha

I'd probably trip over myself trying to accomplish his suggestions! Lol