Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I still don't have it registered (got sick and then the holiday) but since I have insurance on it again and I've needed a truck for some things I've been driving it.

It likes starting in cold weather more than warm weather, kind of interesting. Once we get the plates on I'll install the WBO2 and start building the VE table.

I'm amazed at how much stuff works, LOL. Wipers work, heater will roast you out, and the boy swapped the radio from the donor truck a while back and it works. I think this summer we'll figure out how to get AC working and then I guess that's about everything you need for a TX truck.

Was this a 5.3 with LS6 cam?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did actually. They are Texas Speed cheapie ported stock heads.

So you're probably damn close or flowing better than a 243. Strange that it's acting different warm vs cold. Unless injector trajectory is that much different car vs truck. Did you keep the truck MAF table? MAF calibration is a factor of intake design not so much (if at all) VE. Reason I say all of this is I had issues right after startup that were solved by fixing VE and MAF.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're probably damn close or flowing better than a 243. Strange that it's acting different warm vs cold. Unless injector trajectory is that much different car vs truck. Did you keep the truck MAF table? MAF calibration is a factor of intake design not so much (if at all) VE. Reason I say all of this is I had issues right after startup that were solved by fixing VE and MAF.

I started with the truck tune and just copied the VE from the LS6 tune, but it has a cold air intake that could be throwing it off.

Once it is warmed up it runs great. Hot starts are no problem either. It's that first start of the day where it won't stay running without the gas pedal for a while. It was real bad this summer, it would take 4-5 starts to get it to stay running.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the o2 sensors plugged into the correct bank? Something very similar happened with my neighbor that did a LS swap. He had the sensors swapped and didn’t realize it.