Key stuck in ignition barrel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the wheel still on? Surely you gotta at least get that, the lock ring, and turn signal cam and stuff outta the way.

Richard
I got denied MD inspection on mine when I lived there, you need like 6 inch long torx bit, but you can get in there with wheel on fishing through the horn button hole, just have to get an open section above the torx to get in there, and move the wheel around to the next. it's a bit fiddly, "by feel" but can be done. The tech that inspected it told be that's all that had to be done after i said something about dismantling everything. Maryland inspection are no joke. They check alot of stuff you wouldn't ordinally think for a safety. He inspected all my stuff after that. Tilt mechanism is on their list.

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When you do tighten the tilt mechanism, STOP pulling yourself in to the front seat by grabbing the wheel and yanking your ass up in there.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you do tighten the tilt mechanism, STOP pulling yourself in to the front seat by grabbing the wheel and yanking your ass up in there.
Main cause....... Dude I got my truck from was 350lb'er... not that he boosted himself in, more likely he hung on the wheel to center his arse. For 4x4 it originally sat close to 2wd height.

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Main cause....... Dude I got my truck from was 350lb'er... not that he boosted himself in, more likely he hung on the wheel to center his arse. For 4x4 it originally sat close to 2wd height.
WHAT is a Dude?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dear Hwb, I don't mean that in a bad way, but it is what it is, He was a big bubba even by deep South standards, no doubt about that, a large fellow.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Idk why, like this guy, his sense of humor. lol Older guys don't normally 'Sweat Shyt" so to speak.
No sweating here. Just not used to being called dude, especially in my "Older" crowd. As old as I am and at my American Legion, typically "sir" or a few other 4 letter words are bandied about. DUDE is for "Hipsters", not for crusties like me. I had a step son that called me dude sometimes and to tell you the truth, that little shythead was worthless as a screen door in a submarine.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an Airman I deliberately used the term "dude" around my sergeants as much as I could. Now nobody cares.