ingition key stuck in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be misinterpreting things but is it possible the ignition switch does not need to be replaced?
If the shift cable was messed up and not letting the column shifter fully move into the Park position, it makes sense the key wouldn't come out. It's not supposed to!
It could be as simple as running a new shift cable.
Agreed, OP just pointed out it’s not the ignition switch.

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be misinterpreting things but is it possible the ignition switch does not need to be replaced?
If the shift cable was messed up and not letting the column shifter fully move into the Park position, it makes sense the key wouldn't come out. It's not supposed to!
It could be as simple as running a new shift cable.
that's possible. But Stuck keys and ignitions that don't return are extremely common, and you see them over and over as the key barrel failing.
It's possible to remove the key if you jiggle it with determination over and over again, but the key will get stuck again until it cannot be removed from the barrel, leading some to think it's a different cause.

But it's possible the steering column is the culprit, and that would be obvious to the naked eye.
Maybe OP will let us know if that was the cause.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should differentiate between the " ignition key tumbler " and the " colum mounted ignition switch " . As they are now two different animals. Less confusion.