Just got a bigger box for my tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At my Taco Tuesday and Thursday bar, the manager, Denise, has a 2008 4Runner SR5 that is in great shape with only 122k miles. Has had some right front clunking and grinding noises. I looked at it the other day and found a noisy hub and bearing assembly and an inner cv boot split op and slinging grease. I also found that the elevated wheel was hard to spin and the left front was easy. I suspected either the other two culprits or something with brakes. I got the parts and she dropped off this morning at 10 am. My shop owner friend had told me that if it has brakes hanging up, it would be the lower inner piston on the 4 piston caliper. I removed wheel and started stripping it all down and when I collapsed the caliper pistons, to get the pads out of the caliper, sure enough, the inner lower piston was stuck. Going to end up doing calipers, hardware, pads and rotors soon. was ok to keep driving for now. Very short trip to work and home and was not locked up. See the even wear on the pads, too. The rest of the job went as planned and I also did a battery cable/posts corrosion clean up. The cv boot was bad enough that it had close to 1/2" slop when rocking the shaft and the grease that poured out was light grey, grease and water mix. Also found a seeping oil drain plug. had it changed recently at dealer. bet the seal was not replaced. It was tight.

You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score