Just got a bigger box for my tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used to use a larger Husky bottom box with two Husky top boxes, side to side. I no longer make my living out of my tool box so I was ok, at first. Then I was pissed that I had no work top area and was constantly digging thru tools to get to other tools. My friend sold me his used 3 bay Snap On box for $3k and now I have plenty of room:

You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend sold me his used 3 bay Snap On box for $3k and now I have plenty of room:
Cool! It even comes with stickers :lol: My son has pretty much the same tool box (a little different drawer configuration) and, I can tell you, it cost a lot more than $3K

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Dad didn't teach me much, but the one thing he did that was worthwhile was that when you finish one job always put all of the tools back where they came from and clean down the work area. Even if you are going to use some of those same tools again straight away, this will mean they are always were you expect them to be. So much time is lost looking around for a tool that isn't where it is supposed to be. And there is nothing worse than a cluttered work space when you drop that little screw or clip and didn't see where it went.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s a very nice box!

There's a science to tool lay outs also

My top drawer and my large lay down box on my service truck always held “daily tools” it has my most used tools. Impacts, sockets, wrenches etc. 9/10 times I could always walk up to my truck and get what I needed without opening a millions different drawers.

My tool box was a show piece, very organized and all drawers had carpet and lights( worked 24/7 a lot)

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All the other drawers are full too but I just didn't want to post all the pics. When I was in shops and my tools were there, if I lended a tool to anyone, I insisted on them returning it to my cart and not try to put back in drawer. If they tried a drawer the tools were never put back to correct place. I didn't even care if was cleaned. When I cleaned it, I inspected it at same time. The stainless steel top is great to work off of.

The new cost for that size Snap On box is in the neighborhood of $12k to $13K and used is usually listed for $5k to $6k and my friend did me a favor at $3k. Here is a pic of him moving his boxes in to his close by shop that he bought with another friend. The one on the end is now mine.

I always clean up and put away as soon as done, so that I know where it all is.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

movietvet