It's Alive! It's ALIVE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Interior is coming along nicely! All the extra done for sound/thermal deadening will make a huge difference. It did Rattle Trap in my '49 GMC and then heavy jute under the carpet, the difference was night and day.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I scored an overhead console from a Suburban at the local pull-a-part and the sunglasses compartment door kept falling off because the hinge pins were missing. So in a fit of practicality (cheapness) I took 2 rollers from an old worn out u joint from my wife's Astro and slid them in. They were exactly the right size. No drilling, no foul language just slid in. I think it was then that Frank decided he wouldn't be abused anymore.
You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
This is the current state of my ridiculous number of switches mods. I'm picking up the rest of the switches for the dash bezel tomorrow.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The center piece from the dash will also have 2 double USB charge ports that fit like the switches. This part won't go in until I either move my existing stereo to the overhead shelf next to the OH console -or- My wife buys me the Retro Sound radio that fits the original hole in the dash.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/res-sc-m2/make/chevrolet/model/c1500/year/1994

I have the Sub radio and now that I know how to fix the volume buttons I might put that in. Doubtful because I'm old and need GPS navigation to get out of the driveway.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I scored an overhead console from a Suburban at the local pull-a-part and the sunglasses compartment door kept falling off because the hinge pins were missing. So in a fit of practicality (cheapness) I took 2 rollers from an old worn out u joint from my wife's Astro and slid them in. They were exactly the right size. No drilling, no foul language just slid in. I think it was then that Frank decided he wouldn't be abused anymore.
Good to know! I'll have to try something like this on the Burb. Never understood why GM didn't make the hinges better on these consoles. Just wanted to cheap out I guess.....Thanks for the tip!

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I am getting multiple likes by the same person at the exact same time. I'm not sure why but 4 or 5 likes turned into 38!
Would one of the moderators please check this out?

Thanks in advance,

It's the internet. If your posts were actual face to face conversation, there would be cues to let you know someone is listening to you and/or paying attention (eye contact, nods, etc). On internet forums, likes or thumbs up are the only cues outside of typing a response.
They don't hurt. You're good.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
It's the internet. If your posts were actual face to face conversation, there would be cues to let you know someone is listening to you and/or paying attention (eye contact, nods, etc). On internet forums, likes or thumbs up are the only cues outside of typing a response.
They don't hurt. You're good.
I just thought it was weird that the same person would have the same like 7 times in under a minute!