It's Alive! It's ALIVE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I like that chrome patch on the bumper:)

:boti:Hey it's a gmt400 got a lot of potential :boti:
That was to reduce the chances of bleeding out when walking around the front of the truck! The bumper that was on there made this one look pristine! The bumper is from my 94 Sub c2500 6.5TD that has become a parts truck.

I didn't care about cutting it up. It's a template for the new bumper to be cut.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Is the bumper holding the tent down, or is the tent holding the bumper up? :)
The bumper is keeping the tent from going into the lake 2 miles east. The weather was schizophrenic that week. On and off raining buckets with 5000 mph winds to still and 98 degrees within 20 minutes that whole week.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Headlight looks good. Just saying.
They are the cheapest ones I could get at the time. They totally suck from end to end. I finally got the bulbs in the right place but when the lows are aimed right the highs are too high. Hence the quad lamp conversion. My wife's dually Betty has them and they work well. i had a 95 GMC G10 van with them and they were really good.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Humble indeed.
The only rust on Frank was a small section in the drivers door sill and a pin hole on the driver's floorboard. I welded in a patch from the Sub and after rust converting the whole floorboard I painted it, Herculinered it (the second coat had 1/2 gallons of microbaloons) Summit heat and noise sheets, Soff Seal thick foil covered stuff over that and then what was left of the vinyl mat.
The mat in the Sub it perfect so this summer it's going in. After that I will get another Eco Rug for the floor. I don't think it will rust anymore. Pictures to come!

Last edited:

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I read your build thread from end to end. You wanna come hang out at my house for about 6 months? Frank will be done then. I'll feed ya!

There's obviously been a case of mistaken identity cause all I've done is put taillights, starter, and a couple of pulleys on my truck, lol!
I've made plans and a wish list/to-do list.

You must mean @frito-bandito ... but if the offer still stands... a 300lb guy ain't gonna complain about getting fed! Lol

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
There's obviously been a case of mistaken identity cause all I've done is put taillights, starter, and a couple of pulleys on my truck, lol!
I've made plans and a wish list/to-do list.

You must mean @frito-bandito ... but if the offer still stands... a 300lb guy ain't gonna complain about getting fed! Lol
You are correct sir! Wrong Canadian Camo CCLB! Not much sleep last night.