It's Alive! It's ALIVE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The project is going into neutral for a bit. I plan to widen the dash 2" on the right so a DIN or 1.5 DIN radio to fit. I will modify or remake the dash bezel, the dash surround, and make the part behind the surround have more room. And since it will be wider I can jam even more switches in!:p:D

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Anyone have some broken, half burnt, or unwanted dash bezels or surrounds? I have one of each to destroy but I could use a little cannon fodder for the project. Also anyone want a 6.5 TD (minus the turbo)?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Humble Beginnings

I didn't want to take any before shots for fear of breaking the camera. The brain damaged drunken monkeys that owned this monstrosity before me should have their tools sent back to Big Lots and be castrated so they don't reproduce!

You must be registered for see images attach

Im glad to see another crew cab brought back to life I know between me, you @frito-bandito , and @1ton-o-fun
That makes 4 worked, trashed, and left for dead CC's getting a 2nd life and sorry if I left anyone else out these are the only recent ones I know of lol

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I put new 4x6 and 4x10 Kicker speakers that the Crutchfield recommended put in and they sound very good. I had some buzzing with the old junk speakers so I added some baffling and sound deadening when I put in the new ones. I still had a bit of buzzing from the front dash speaker grills so I added more sticky Summit hush stuff and added some sticky Velcro because all the clips came off.
That reduced the interior noise a bunch even with the radio off! I am going to put like 3000 more sheets of that stuff EVERYWHERE.:head3::worship::pepper:

Jdpsr

Reaction score
I scored an overhead console from a Suburban at the local pull-a-part and the sunglasses compartment door kept falling off because the hinge pins were missing. So in a fit of practicality (cheapness) I took 2 rollers from an old worn out u joint from my wife's Astro and slid them in. They were exactly the right size. No drilling, no foul language just slid in. I think it was then that Frank decided he wouldn't be abused anymore.
My sunglasses compartment door got popped out of the compartment. Is there a particular trick to re-installing it? I don't want to break the hinges or pins.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My sunglasses compartment door got popped out of the compartment. Is there a particular trick to re-installing it? I don't want to break the hinges or pins.

Long time ago I used a small screw driver and took my time like as if I'm cutting wires on a bomb lol. My interior 95-99 though. The plastic is brittle

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I had mine out and disassembled when I fixed it. You only need to take the screw out at the front and unplug. It's easy to r-r