ingition key stuck in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it might have been my old 283 Biscayne.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cousin's '65 Chevy ll Nova was like that. He was always starting it, then taking the keys out and putting them back in his pocket....

Yes, I have similar memories about the early-60s GMs.

My 1966 BelAir did NOT allow the key to be removed... not when it was new-ish anyway, it did in later years. Dad bought the car in 1967 and it was in the family until 1982, when I had it at school.

Like @Caman96's Impala, our 1966 BelAir sedan was a 283 with the twin-slip slop-o-matic, no A/C. It's shifter on the tree. I'm guessing @Caman96's had a console shift.

My brother had a 1966 Impala convertable for a time, pretty sure it was a 283 as well because it wasn't a fast car. I remember the shifter was on the console, had A/C.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes, I have similar memories about the early-60s GMs.

My 1966 BelAir did NOT allow the key to be removed... not when it was new-ish anyway, it did in later years. Dad bought the car in 1967 and it was in the family until 1982, when I had it at school.

Like @Caman96's Impala, our 1966 BelAir sedan was a 283 with the twin-slip slop-o-matic, no A/C. It's shifter on the tree. I'm guessing @Caman96's had a console shift.

My brother had a 1966 Impala convertable for a time, pretty sure it was a 283 as well because it wasn't a fast car. I remember the shifter was on the console, had A/C.
His Nova was a 4 door sedan, 283 and powerglide. About three different shades of white outside, but he had a nice blue velour interior in it, and a good stereo, and he'd fixed all the front end issues these are notorious for. As long as you eased into it on a standing start, that car was a hard runner. I shoulda bought it when he sold it(he got a new Toyota 4x4 mini truck because the other guys at work were ragging on him about the Nova). But I had recently bought a project car, and was broke....

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His Nova was a 4 door sedan, 283 and powerglide. ... As long as you eased into it on a standing start, that car was a hard runner.

I was told those Nova bodies were lightweight, and thus relatively quick, but I can't say I've ever run one across a scale to see how it tips the counterweights.