Help me diagnose heater blowing Luke warm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayboney

Reaction score
With the compressor off the heater dial still moves the actuator to both positions fully. As far as weather not the compressor is running with the defrost mode selected. I don't know. I thought the AC button had to depressed to run the compressor? I'm really not good with AC systems.

Jayboney

Reaction score
I guess my next course of action is to pull the fuse for the AC / heater controls on the driver side and see if the clutch is engaged on it's own.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the compressor off the heater dial still moves the actuator to both positions fully. As far as weather not the compressor is running with the defrost mode selected. I don't know. I thought the AC button had to depressed to run the compressor? I'm really not good with AC systems.
So the actuator moves to the same tick marks if the compressor is running and if it isn’t?

I couldn’t get a good picture of mine, but at full cold the sliver dial notch is at the 7 o’clock tick mark (toward the driver side). At full hot, it’s at 5:00. There’s a center mark at 6:00

The defrost setting will engage the compressor, but compressor engagement shouldn’t be a huge impact to heater performance.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not here to impede progress, but I am genuinely curious who troubleshoots heat in the middle of August in a place that just set a new record high?
Mt Rainier is near Seattle, where OP lives. Its snow covered all year. Snowy weather, would likely involve heat, even in August. Just playing devil's advocate...

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP: A/C operation, in defrost, will dehumidify the air blowing on the windshield. It's a good thing, when it operates correctly.
Great that unplugging the compressor fixed you issue, just spread a little dielectric grease in the electrical connector to keep any possibility of corrosion from forming.

Jayboney

Reaction score
I'm not here to impede progress, but I am genuinely curious who troubleshoots heat in the middle of August in a place that just set a new record high?
LOL I'm just preparing for when the temperature drops to 30° on my morning rides into work. Stay ready and never have to get ready.