96 Tahoe Heater Only Blows Warm Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novasmihjohn

Reaction score
FYI, I decided to unplug the heater control valve vacuum tube that goes to the solenoid and my heater immediately started blowing hot air. Previously I had only tried unplugging the vacuum line from the engine to the Solenoid and it made no difference.

I tested the voltage going to the solenoid and it was 12V when the cold air is on and 0V when the hot air is selected. I assume that’s working properly so I must have a bad solenoid.

Will update after I replace with new.
Where is your vacum attached to the engine. I have the hose and elbow but can’t find where it’s attached to draw vacuum

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where is your vacum attached to the engine. I have the hose and elbow but can’t find where it’s attached to draw vacuum
If a vortec 5.7, look next to pvc valve and throttle body. Should be a small plastic hose that connects to the nipple under the pcv rubber elbow, and goes across the manifold and back to the fire wall solenoid, that has 2 ports

Laredo1307

Reaction score
I believe some vehicles like the single cab trucks don’t have the vacuum actuator but it connects to a PVC on the driver side of the engine and has a hard vacuum line that runs over the top, behind the throttle body.