Heater blows super hot air.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeJoe1993

Reaction score
Ok my 97 GMC 1500 4X4 is blowing super hot air. Even when the control switch is put on blue. AC hasn't worked in 10 years. Will be fixed later. But I'm rolling down my window to stay cooled off from my heat blowing even when it's turned to the off position. Any ideas?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Listed in order of probability:

1. Temperature mix actuator bad
2. Control head bad
3. Temperature mix door broken

If you look up the middle of your dash you should be able to see the actuator move while you adjust the temperature control. If it doesn't move, you can try to determine why..

When removed from the door, will the actuator move? If yes, door is stuck or broken. If no, actuator or control head bad. The temperature mix actuator is the one just above and to the right of the transmission hump (you can see the white rectangular label on the one in my pic, yours may have a different color label) and yes it's a tight fit getting in there with the dash in the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Removing your ashtray assembly *might* gain you some access, just be careful with the retainers as they're easy to break. It's been a while since I tried to mess with that particular actuator, esp on the 95-up interior; that actuator doesn't go bad often.
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969