HELP! 4l60e is being a Dick Weed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tranny is still hanging in there, about 1200 miles later. It's pretty slow to get into reverse, and will sometimes shutter in reverse (now that I think about it, it seems to have been that way before the fluid change).

It seems to shift through all the gears as it should though, and has been gettin me 36 miles to work and back and has let me down only once

(Fuel pump died while I was warming it up in my driveway, and I put a new one in that night after work).

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's still hanging in there surprisingly, it has a slight clunk sometimes in reverse, and the 2-3 shift flare hasn't gotten any worse.

I think I'm going to pour another bottle of lucas in there to help it along, it just needs to last me another month or two.

Once I get the new motor in my '74 I'll be driving it daily again until I get a new trans for the Burb.

bplayer405

Reaction score
Feeling some woes from my '98 Chevy K1500 this last weekend... grinding like noise in first and reverse. Have since learned its the rear planetary gears. Just under 300,000 so I guess its to be expected, just so not desired. Most likely gonna pull the 4L60E and get it rebuilt locally. Gotta work up the funds first though.

I'm definitely not abusive to my truck, but I do use it like a truck for hunting, fishing and work sometimes. Haul quad and boat trailers quite a bit so I need one more dependable than just a junkyard swap. May do that though to get it back on the road and keep my old one to get rebuilt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk