4l60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yea. It seems pretty straightforward. The only thing that needs modified is my floor for the shifter. There maybe a "cut out" spot for a shifter I'm not sure.

There is a spot on the firewall for the MS to go thought.

Even if you do need to move it you just pop a couple new holes. I think the floor is dimpled for a stock shifter, but who knows how that lines up for a TKX. Dimensionally speaking, it's more of a T5/TKO replacement than a NV3500 replacement. Unless shifter placement has a few industry standards?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is a subjective matter. You got the tallest overdrive and that may have been what they were steering you toward. In a heavy truck, I would personally prefer that lower 1st gear.

Definitely. I personally, don't like 1st to be super low. I'll just start in 2nd.

My old firechicken with the T56 would do 60 mph in 1st gear, that was too tall.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
In our series, those cars do well with a 3.90-4.10. Anything less and they're a dog mid corner and just won't rotate with throttle.

I should have done this sooner, here's the real difference between the 2 TKX transmissions in question and the 3rd is the setup I thought deadbeef had just for fun. Custom 1 is what OP ordered and Custom 2 is the wide ratio unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Custom 1 cruises at 2100 RPM at 70mph and Custom 2 is 2200 RPM at 70mph. I made the assumption this truck is wearing stock 29" tall tires and wants to shift at 6000RPM, that can all be changed to reflect reality.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tires on my truck are actually a tad smaller than stock but still has a 15" wheel.

My truck has been lowered 2/4

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used the Hypertech to raise the rev limiter. I think to 6700 or something. Maybe it was 55 instead of 60.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't recall what the actual size is. When I was getting new tires the guys a discount said the stock ones would be too tall for a slightly lowered truck.

What was the actual tire size for the stock silverado