half decent sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ok, let me check what your amp states and I can give ya an idea of what to do with it....wait, you have an 8ohm P1?! ooooo....shame on you! :crazy:

Go to page 9, diagram on left looks like what you're wanting to do: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/User Manuals - FAQ's/LXA600_DOC_OM.pdf

Unfortunately, with that svc 8-ohm sub, there's nothing I can do to help you get that full power to your sub like you'd get with a 4-ohm svc sub. If ya ran another 8-ohm P1, you could wire them in parallel together to mono then your amp would be seeing 4-ohms, but it would then have 2 subs to power versus one. The only difference is you'd be a lil louder with 2 subs than with 1.

Last edited:

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i havnt got it yet, i really didnt even know what ohms to use, itll be my first system to buy

LXA600 Amplifier
Power output @ 14.4 VDC, 20-20 kHz ............ (4 ohms) 75 Watts per channel RMS, < 00.08% THD
(2 ohms) 100 Watts per channel RMS, < 00.1% THD
(4 ohms) bridged 200 Watts per channel RMS, < 00.1% THD
Frequency Response .......................................................................................... 20 Hz-20 kHz ± 3 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio @ Rated Power ....................................................................................>100 dB
Channel Separation @ Ref. Power............................................................................... >65 dB, 1 kHz
THD & IMD @ Ref. Power into 2 ohms ..................................................................................... <0.1%
Speaker Impedance .............................................................................................................. 2-8 ohms
Input Impedance ................................................................................................................. 20 k ohms
Crossover Frequencies ...................................................................................... Low-High: 40-240 Hz
Power Requirement .................................................................. 14.4 VDC (10.8-15.6 VDC allowable)
Fuse Requirements................................................................................ two 25 amp blade-type fuses
Dimensions .................................................................3" x 11.125" x 13" (76mm x 283mm x 330mm)​

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
A 10" dual voice coil sub (DVC), wired down to 2 ohms, will rattle your brain in a standard cab, with only 2-300 watts. But you have to use an amp that will run @ 2ohms. The amp that you have is compatible to that. But... I would use that amp for your 6.5" mids & components, then use a monoblock amp, for your sub. If your using four 6.5"'s that are 2ohm compatible, that amp would rock. Also, remember that the specs that are for that amp, are PEAK outputs, @14.4 volts. True USEABLE power ratings would probably be around 100 watts per channel, when wired @ 2ohms, @ 12 volts. The THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) on that amp looks pretty good when wired @ 2ohms. I'd use it!

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant afford much right now, so ill have to use that sub, i just have to hope it wont be majorly underpowered

found a 4ohm p1 thats cheaper, looks like ill be using it

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Now we're talking!!! Do just like I showed ya with the diagram on the left and you're good to go. I was running around 150watts to a P3D215 wired to 4ohms and it slammed relatively hard. If you're primarily after good listening bass to go with your music, then that 10 should do just fine. Whatever you do, don't go with the Prime series....they're not made by RF directly, the drivers are manufactured in china, and all the ones I've tested haven't even reached half their rms rating before distortion begins.

justin12234

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we're talking!!! Do just like I showed ya with the diagram on the left and you're good to go. I was running around 150watts to a P3D215 wired to 4ohms and it slammed relatively hard. If you're primarily after good listening bass to go with your music, then that 10 should do just fine. Whatever you do, don't go with the Prime series....they're not made by RF directly, the drivers are manufactured in china, and all the ones I've tested haven't even reached half their rms rating before distortion begins.

i did look at the prime series but to me something was wrong, they had the same rms as the punch and was a bit cheaper, but ive heard punch 10s before and i liked the hell out of em so i went ahead and picked a 10

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Good deal, yeah those Primes actually sound worse then the cheapy Power Acoustiks, which are RF clones.