Would like a small boom please....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I'm an not a audio guy, but I love music. Upgraded the stock blown speakers to kicker ds series speakers from and rear. I have a simple JVC bluetooth radio that has sub output.

What is a good small sub to go under back seat with a simple amp that would allow me to get a little more bass. The ds series are great but can't hand any deep bass, listen to a lot of rock and metal.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I'm an not a audio guy, but I love music. Upgraded the stock blown speakers to kicker ds series speakers from and rear. I have a simple JVC bluetooth radio that has sub output.

What is a good small sub to go under back seat with a simple amp that would allow me to get a little more bass. The ds series are great but can't hand any deep bass, listen to a lot of rock and metal.
I won't tell you what sub to get,but about 2 of cars I had. In mazda 6 the sub was fitted in the spare tire-it was round and was sitting nicely in the trunk-in the wheel well. It was superb sound-that car was fitted with Bose.
Another was Volvo C70-the subs in this one were fitted in the backrest of the rear seat. Also punchy as hell-my kids found out the hard way-it literally was punching them in the back. That was DynaAudio-very good-tho I found Bose's sound better.
I'm saying it cause I found the positioning of those subs very clever-maybe it will give you some ideas.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Budget plays a huge roll

I have a 10" Hertz Mille PRO, which is $450. The box build cost about as much and that's all without an amp. I wanted the best quality in the least space, but I paid (probably too much) for it.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to stay around maybe $300. I've seen some of the hide aways such as the kicker with the built in amp, just not sure if there really worth it.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I have the Bazooka 50 Watt powered sub. It adds good bass to the music. I won’t rattle the windows. If I had to do it again, I’d probably get the 100 Watt powered sub. The FAST connection system connects through the factory wiring without having to run an amp power cable to the battery. I’m pretty sure I’ll order the 100 W version eventually and sell the 50 W I have now.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s been many years since I’ve been in the car audio scene, but I’ve installed a handful of the shallow mount pioneers and was surprised by their output.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Underseats are only for extended cabs, behind seat is regular and crewcab.

I did an iDQ12 in a 0.9 cubic ft premade Ported box, which I converted to sealed by cutting a side insert to cover the slot port.

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
You already have kickers mids, why not use their pre-loaded sub boxes? They are within your budget range depending on what size you choose. L7T, L7T down firing, CompRT, CompRT down firing, CompVT, Comp.

They even sell them assembled with an amp if you want them that way. PTRTP down firing, Hideaway HS10, Hideaway HS8.

The best part is they WILL fit right behind the truck seat. They had a OBS single cab with a pair of the CompRT’s right behind the seat on the Tuesday night Kicker show recently that they showcased. The down firing models can be laid on their side, facing the front or rear. The fully assembled models with amps can do the same or fit under the seat.

Last edited: