Gramps truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what next..not gonna attempt to repaint until it's no longer a DD.

Radio done
so far all mechanical issues fixed.
new ac
brakes
fuel pump
lowering kit.

Need to replace shocks and do a oil change...hmm...mabye time to start deep cleaing spot. Paint wiper arms stuff like that.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She left me stranded lol.

Crankshaft position sensor went out, had to hitch a ride home. Bring wifes car to work early and put a new sensor in in parking lot...easy fix this time but the reliabitliy is getting me worried.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HAuled a roto rooter too the house. Glad its lowered a 100' rooter is dang heavy.

Attachments

• 20231105_115923.jpg
    20231105_115923.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 6

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just and update. So haven't do a whole lot. Added a Magnaflow offbrand oriellys muffer...doesn't sound bad actually.

New Ignition coil and changed fuel filter. Burnt up another distributor cap.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
What distributor cap are you using, that they're burning up that fast?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So far a napa brand and whatever oriellys standard stuff is.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is an underlining reason.
My Burb used to "eat" the cheap white rotors, every six months or so. I put a Blue Streak rotor in it, and it lasted for over two years (and that was being driven virtually every day, in Houston traffic). I put a new Blue Streak rotor on it, year before last, when I replaced the cap with a UMP blue vented cap, with brass contacts. It wasn't really bad or anything, just a "while I'm in here" thing. Over the winter(yes we do have winter in Houston, Texas, just not extreme temps and snow) I bought and installed the UMP cap and rotor set on my crew cab, and so far it has been performing well.
Dad was a Delco Remy guy on GM vehicles, unless there was a Blue Streak rotor and cap available; then that's what he would use. Even after we closed the parts store and had to pay "regular" price.... They have brass contacts and are made of better quality plastic, than the "stock" type cap'n'rotor. Back in the early, coil in cap HEI days, this was definitely an issue... because a bad cap or rotor would allow the coil to fry the module and pickup coil in the distributor.
We also used the Blue Streak starter solenoid on a couple of the square body Burbs, where we had heat issues with the starter.