Gramps truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no pics update but I did repaint the trailer hitch lol.

Gonna re install that and the tire. Front brakes need done but there still "safe" the rotors are definetly warped but since the honda is back on the road and the truck only goes to the gym twice a wee 12 miles round trip and then a once every other two week trip to work 90 miles I'm gonna hold off.

Gonna pull the front springs and cut them for the 1/2 drop. From there decide if I want to go lower. Went last night to pickup a crib for baby boy and really like the height the rear is at now.

Gonna cut the springs and work on the interior a bit. Kick replacement for the doors and the the driver side window goes down fine but when coming up the front of the window will not come up..on the rear.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ordered brakes Gonna cut the front spring when I do the brakes and also gonna be working on the drivers door. Needs a lock cyl in the door new lock rod and the window when rolling up the front half does not raise on the the rear, you have to grave it and help it...maybe the track is just out of whack. While I fix that I'm gonna be putting in new Kicker speakers.

Also about to Turbo can paint job the honda since it's back on the road.

You must be registered for see images

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So really debating about selling honda. I could 100% finish paws truck and daily it and put money in the bank.

Only downside is driving 90 miles a day. But the homda has 240k on it.

Having our 2nd baby coming in march im really struggling. Could put money in thr bank and finish truck but also scared to go down to one vehicle.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh i'm definetly keeping the truck. Just thinking about ditching the honda and just using the truck all the time.

I could do suspensin, exhaust, radio, tint fix all the little odds and still put like 1500 back for breakdowns

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but unless you see it becoming a maintenance nightmare I'd keep the Honda. There's something to be said for having a backup vehicle, especially when your daily driver is a 26 year old truck. That's why I have two 26 year old trucks. :biggrin:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but unless you see it becoming a maintenance nightmare I'd keep the Honda. There's something to be said for having a backup vehicle, especially when your daily driver is a 26 year old truck. That's why I have two 26 year old trucks. :biggrin:
Yup that's yet another reason I wanted Rawhide, Burb needs a backup and vice versa.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a self employed sheetmetal fabricator, so when I bought the GMC for my work truck I held onto the Honda Odyssey I had been using as a back up. Unfortunately, when going out to the driveway and choosing between the truck and the Honda the truck always won out, go figure eh? As a result the Honda slowly deteriorated due to lack off use and on that first occasion I had to have work done on the truck the Honda wouldn't start. By the time I the Honda started it was running so rough that I didn't trust to drive it the 100 mile round trip so ended up selling it for parts.