Gramps truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So last year my grandad passed away. He left for me his 2nd owner 97 silverado 5.0 2wd.

He was the second owner and now I the 3rd.

The truck was used around the house and trips to home depot for the last 12 years.

So far I've done.

New Injectors
Re-sealed top end of the motor
New radiator
New rear drum brakes (never again)
and some rally wheels with new tires.
New windshield.

Next up is suspsension...thinking maybe a 2/4 or a 1/2. Tint gonna keep things updated here.

You must be registered for see images

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I'd leave it. Don't think I've ever seen a sportside extended cab before. Dig the color and the wheels.
Yes that color looks good with the gray wheels. The ex cab sportside may have been more common down south; I remember seeing several of them when these trucks were new. Looked odd then but they have grown on me since.
Remember the 400s were the first GM trucks to be available as extended cabs from the factory. There were companies that made square body ex cabs but every one I've seen looks half slapped together, just not well done at all.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Extended cab stepaside trucks were quite plentiful in 4x4 form in New Yuck, much less so in 2wd.
What a time capsule...
Dislike the wheels. That thing should get a set of 15" alloys.
Or 17" Impala SS's!

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys thats the time capaule part is the inside. The leaking windshield ruined the headliner but beside the ac linkages needign repair thr inside is near mint

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So last night I was gonna go ahead and do the 2" lowering shackles.

Didn't have the right size socket for the hanger bolts. Did go ahead and remove the trailer hitch and spare tire to make it easier. The spare tire looks to the the original one wayy back from 97 and even still had the jack and factory toolkit to lower the spare tire.

You must be registered for see images attach

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the rear shackles on...dropped it 1.5 inches but haven't put the spare tire or the hitch back on yet...still planning on doing just 1" in the front and I thinnk I'll have the stance I want
Front fenders currently 32" rear is 32.5"

You must be registered for see images attach