My version of Dad’s Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juanjosoto

Reaction score
So I got this K1500 1995 from my dad, after he passed away last year. Its a Z71 stepside 5.7 V8, we have it since new. I remember I used to draw this truck on my notebooks when a kid, with bigger tires, and it is very special that he kept it for me. I mean to keep it as stock as possible, but lifted enough for fitting 35 inches tires on the OEM wheels. Not for extreme off-road use, just the necessary if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 37

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a mighty fine steed you have there. Love that it's a family member and being taken care of properly.
LIke the idea of a modest lift and bigger tires. Just be aware that larger tires will take a toll on all your front end parts.

Jwelar

Reaction score
Always liked the look of those step side/ flare side models. Adds a bit of “class” to a workhorse. Welcome to the forums from another newb. Look forward to seeing the questions that will come up. Maybe you’ll ask the questions that I need to so I don’t look so new. lol

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool truck. I ended up with my dad’s truck also when he passed, I just can’t bring my self to do anything to it. I like pulling into my drive and seeing it. It’s almost like he is there visiting me.

juanjosoto

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a mighty fine steed you have there. Love that it's a family member and being taken care of properly.
LIke the idea of a modest lift and bigger tires. Just be aware that larger tires will take a toll on all your front end parts.
I agree. I gave it a a lot of thought and finally decided to get the 4 inches lift from Rough Country and get some 33 or 34 tires. Also ordered the steering stabilizer and a pair of spacers for the rear, just in case. Meanwhile I’m changing all the fluids, filters, spark plugs and cables, flushed the radiator, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

juanjosoto

Reaction score
So I got this K1500 1995 from my dad, after he passed away last year. Its a Z71 stepside 5.7 V8, we have it since new. I remember I used to draw this truck on my notebooks when a kid, with bigger tires, and it is very special that he kept it for me. I mean to keep it as stock as possible, but lifted enough for fitting 35 inches tires on the OEM wheels. Not for extreme off-road use, just the necessary if needed.
Since last post, we´ve done some work on it:
- Changed engine oil and filter.
- Changed transmission oil, filter, gasket and shifter cable.
- Changed both differentials fluids.
- Replaced both engine mounts.
- Replaced PV valve.
- Replaced air filter body.
- Replaced spark plugs and cables.
- Replaced battery.
- Flushed and filled the radiator with better coolant.
- Replaced brake fluids.

Waiting for the lift kit, side mirrors, head lamps, cargo lamp, interior and exterior door handles, tailgate handle, doors pins replacement kit and interior lights, exterior decals, plastic clips for front grill and door panels and electric fuses.

Looks like christmas entertainment for me!