GM 10 Bolt spider gears go boom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night I was gonna do a quick burnout for some friends. Well I didn't even get to spin the tires and I split a spider gear in half. Its the one that holds the carrier bolt in place. I found a 5 lug axle for $50 bucks I'm wondering if the spider gears would work in mine all I need is one and its the spider gear with no splines. Here is a picture of the damage

You must be registered for see images attach

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. But I'm picking up a 10 bolt with a powertrax locker for $100. I'm just gonna take the carrier out and swap my ring and pinion in.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Mine did that last year on my birthday... i had everything blown though.. had to change everything from the ring and pinion to the spider gears. so just bite the bullet, bought a Tru trac limited slip with richmen gears. Best upgrade so far!

97__Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I picked up the new axle and the guy told me that the ring and pinion was bad and the locker was good well I pulled the cover off only to find out that the cross shaft on the carrier was broke. The gears were still good and there 4.56's. I ended up buying it for $60 thinking that my old cross shaft would work on the powertrax and it didnt its too big. So now I have to hunt around for a new cross shaft thats for an open diff.

TIGERZ

Reaction score
Once you lift it and spend $300 a tire you wont be having to worry about burnouts anymore lol. Every time my friends tell me to do it i tell them to go f*ck themselves.